OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Birthday Freddie and many more to come, Amazing gift !!
Thank you, Fadi

Just thinking that was in 1959, and looking ;Wideyed into the tank... (lol) Have no clue what those lights were :confused:, but he sure could pull off an heavy planted aquarium, at that time ;Woot

:)

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Fadi

Just thinking that was in 1959, and looking ;Wideyed into the tank... (lol) Have no clue what those lights were :confused:, but he sure could pull off an heavy planted aquarium, at that time ;Woot

:)
wow 1959, My father was only 1 year old that year ;Wideyed

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant - Bubble Algae - Update:

Well,
We're down to these two bubbles

IMG_20180416_151403.jpg

IMG_20180416_151345.jpg

With that in mind we're going to call it an wrap ;Singing

Vibrant does do the job for bubble algae, but proceed with caution and take actions as needed to keep your nitrates up.
Not only has Vibrant knocked out the bubble algae, but it also cleans deep within the pores of the live rock.

Moving forward, I will continue to dose Vibrant to the manufacturers guide lines to help keep the live rock clean and healthy.

When used properly, Vibrant is a very nice product :)

Regards, GoVols

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant - Bubble Algae - Update:

Well,
We're down to these two bubbles

IMG_20180416_151403.jpg

IMG_20180416_151345.jpg

With that in mind we're going to call it an wrap ;Singing

Vibrant does do the job for bubble algae, but proceed with caution and take actions as needed to keep your nitrates up.
Not only has Vibrant knocked out the bubble algae, but it also cleans deep within the pores of the live rock.

Moving forward, I will continue to dose Vibrant to the manufacturers guide lines to help keep the live rock clean and healthy.

When used properly, Vibrant is a very nice product :)

Regards, GoVols
Thank you for documenting this! I may pick some up if i can find it locally, UWC is in the same down as me but still shipping is $8 lol and me being in the age group that grew up with amazon prime, shipping i will not pay! lol

Anyways i love seeing your tank updates!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for documenting this! I may pick some up if i can find it locally, UWC is in the same down as me but still shipping is $8 lol and me being in the age group that grew up with amazon prime, shipping i will not pay! lol

Anyways i love seeing your tank updates!
Ask him to raise the price by $10 per bottle and give you free shipping. :p

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny but i totally would pay more for a product assuming it included shipping :/ and same day/2 day shipping for free im a sucker.
You aren't the only one!

Some companies have created alternate sales routes through Amazon where the total cost is higher but offers free shipping. Increases their profit margin. Shipping is never free. It is only either figured into the price or charged separately. Consumers are almost always better off paying for shipping if ordering more than one item at a time.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HolisticBear

Micheal,
Going back and dosing the Red Sea "Colors" (just a tad) with the cal reactor, is a winner.

The Pixel-2 is really nice, but I need to get the cell phone clip on filter or gel sheet to shoot the true colors.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freddie, to get better color with the pixel, click the temp icon on the left and change it to cloudy in the camera app. It actually makes the pics much better

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freddie, to get better color with the pixel, click the temp icon on the left and change it to cloudy in the camera app. It actually makes the pics much better
Fudsey,
Thank You and I'll try it out... :rolleyes:

On another note:
I have ran out of the second bucket of the Salinity Salt mix.
Over time that mix is confusing :confused: my test kits ;Stop Seachem must be using Borate in that product. I have no other explanation... ;Wacky

Anyways...
I thought that I had 250 gallons of regular IO left over, but it's 6 bags that comes to 300 gallons.
Mixed it up to .35ppt and the alk is just like I remembered and came in at 10.6 dkh (Hanna Alk Checker)

So were going to use up the IO and let the display raise to 10.5 dkh overtime and we'll see ;Wideyed how the reef responds to the higher alk.

Since the IO lacks a lot of things, We'll dose the Red Sea "Colors" and adjust the cal and mag as needed after every water change.

;Writing it down, as we go :)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fudsey,
Thank You and I'll try it out... :rolleyes:

On another note:
I have ran out of the second bucket of the Salinity Salt mix.
Over time that mix is confusing :confused: my test kits ;Stop Seachem must be using Borate in that product. I have no other explanation... ;Wacky

Anyways...
I thought that I had 250 gallons of regular IO left over, but it's 6 bags that comes to 300 gallons.
Mixed it up to .35ppt and the alk is just like I remembered and came in at 10.6 dkh (Hanna Alk Checker)

So were going to use up the IO and let the display raise to 10.5 dkh overtime and we'll see ;Wideyed how the reef responds to the higher alk.

Since the IO lacks a lot of things, We'll dose the Red Sea "Colors" and adjust the cal and mag as needed after every water change.

;Writing it down, as we go :)

I'm not this bold, but I think Randy has some posts in the chemsitry forum where he describes using muriatic acid to bring the Alk down. If you let it sit for a week, it might drop to < 10 on it's own :)

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HolisticBear I read that post too and agree, I'd be chicken.

@GoVols I use io/rc and just let the alk come down in my tank. A 20% every 3 weeks brings my 90 up to about 9.3 from 8.2

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back