GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the lights, but lucky you didn’t get shocked
Thank you!!

At the time I didn't even think about the electrical current. I was just reacting.

Thankfully, is was not full blown AC... ;Dead

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow ! No wonder you switched out your lighting!

I'm curious to see how the kessil does for you. So many member of my reef club did not get the results we wanted from kessils that they ended up moving on. They would say what saved the day was the a80's with the T5. They believe it's a spectrum thing.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow ! No wonder you switched out your lighting!

I'm curious to see how the kessil does for you. So many member of my reef club did not get the results we wanted from kessils that they ended up moving on. They would say what saved the day was the a80's with the T5. They believe it's a spectrum thing.
This is the way I'm looking at things:

The S-400 is packed to the hilt.

We did a lot of crazy things without an QT tank and I'm done stocking the S-400.

At some point the "Stripey" will be caught and re-homed.

Since we moved over to the AP700 the alk intake is the same as the a80/t5 hybird.

I did tune down the melting point on the cal reactor (with Apex Fusion) last week, but it was already on the edge when we were pushing the hybird.

If the Ap700 is a loser, I will post what's going on.

:)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close call there Freddy, did the a80's have a power supply or a power cord, surprised you dident get hit....looks good
The a80's have an DC convertor power cord.

The AP700 comes with a big time power supply.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O-Tay

(lol)
I thought o_O that you needed to keep your android connected to the Ap700. I was wrong... ;Eggonface
It has it's own memory that stores the settings.

Since the Frontline Plus smoked the nems ;Blackeye We stopped ;Stop using the KZ non-zoevit Trace Complex.
They don't list the ingredients... :confused: and I've just been dosing 1ml of the Red Sea Colors every Tuesday.

Still dosing Vibrant once a month. It keeps the live rock pores clean, and the detritus is a lot less too.

We just finished off the 300 gallons of left over IO. I truly could not see ;Wideyed any difference.

After long thought... We'll be moving over to the " D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro Plus" sat mix.

I like it's mixing parameters for the S-400 and... it just has to come out of Red Sea's plant in Israel.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O-Tay

(lol)
I thought o_O that you needed to keep your android connected to the Ap700. I was wrong... ;Eggonface
It has it's own memory that stores the settings.

Since the Frontline Plus smoked the nems ;Blackeye We stopped ;Stop using the KZ non-zoevit Trace Complex.
They don't list the ingredients... :confused: and I've just been dosing 1ml of the Red Sea Colors every Tuesday.

Still dosing Vibrant once a month. It keeps the live rock pores clean, and the detritus is a lot less too.

We just finished off the 300 gallons of left over IO. I truly could not see ;Wideyed any difference.

After long thought... We'll be moving over to the " D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro Plus" sat mix.

I like it's mixing parameters for the S-400 and... it just has to come out of Red Sea's plant in Israel.

I am not familiar with Vibrant.
What is the purpose of this product?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with Vibrant.
What is the purpose of this product?
Well, Janci
I used it to knock out Bubble Algae on the S-400 thread.

You need to be very careful with the stuff. I did not get cyano, but my nitrates hung in there.
I never re-charged the Purigen reactor until we we're done. That was the nastiest purigen that I ever ran.

There's a big thread on Reef 2 Reef, but I've never really be apart of it.
Just wanted to give it a shot for myself, and the S-400 thread.

It has bacteria's and an carbon source.

https://www.uwcmn.com/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner

I've got the Reef Cleaner bottle, but only dose every once in awhile, since it knocked out the bubble algae.

I think @Brew12 knows.. ;Bookworm way more about the do's and don'ts with Vibrant, than I do... :confused:

Freddie

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals are big enough or encrusted so the urchin does not knock them over. He likes to stay camouflaged so he keeps a patch of my zoa's on his back. Royal urchins are the best part of a cleanup crew that I've ever had.

I run the Purigen reactor to work with my skimmer to capture organics before they hit the nitrogen cycle.
It is one piece of a puzzle that keeps the reef very close to an (ULNS) without carbon dosing.
I always loved purigen but hated how water goes around "The Bag" (after it gets dirty) so I made a purigen reactor.
Unlike carbon: Purigen last longer, Changes color so you know when it's full and does not released organics back in the water column like carbon does when it's exhausted. I re-charge the reactor every six weeks to make sure the purigen has not become fully exhausted. I'd say ROX polishes the water a little more but I want to keep some organics in the water column at all times for my corals and the Purigen does that for my reef.
hello, i love purigen to. i use in my fresh water tank in a canister filter. how did you build the reactor? do you have a photo please?What water flow?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, i love purigen to. i use in my fresh water tank in a canister filter. how did you build the reactor? do you have a photo please?What water flow?
Hello!!

Welcome to Reef 2 Reef and hope you feel at home :)

Well,
The flow is an tiny stream. If you crank it up too high the Purigen will strip out your reefs nutrients.

I've been using Bio-Pellet reactors. The tricky part is keeping all the beads inside the reactor.

If you go the page one it shows my AquaMaxx Bio reactor.
Then jump to page 73 and stop at post #1459
Then jump to page 78 and stop at post #1556

You know:
What works for one reef may not work for the other, and many ways to skin a cat.

Be careful and keep the Red Sea 225 micron mesh sock or "The Bag" strapped to the reactor's output.

Freddie

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested to see how the new light does. I have the same tank as you and I am running the two outside t5 fixtures with nanobox quad in the center chamber. I am thinking about just putting a 36" ATI fixture over it, though.

When 2una took off his original ten bulb S-650 canopy and hung an ATI sunpower, his par jumped up 400 points.

Thanks for taking the time.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Red Sea... :confused: DD Pro salt mix... ;)

Sorry ;Sorry guys, I over shot and mixed just above .35 and I did not roll the salt until after the first batch.. ;Blackeye

First batch #'s

Cal - 440
Alk - 10.3
Mag - 1390

I wish the alk was 9 dkh, but those #'s are pretty dang good to what I run.

We'll do the first water change, tonight.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back