NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Caveman

Branching hammers are a great start!!

Give it time, and your duncan will kick in too.

:)

LOL, I hope so. His skin and feeders are as healthy as ever. Just shy I guess.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols thinking of your success w/wall hammers.

You run one of the most stable tanks on R2R (params, regular wc) and it's a mature system (your rock has been around), but my first thought about what makes your tank different is Reef Energy. You've been a heavy regular use of that from the beginning. You've gone thru like 3 or 4 different Alk/Ca approaches, a few trace element solutions, but you've stuck with RE. Just wondering how important that may be for your hammer.

We saw how serious he reacted to Vibrant (not in a good way) and Greybeard lost his wall hammer to Vibrant.

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Energy is very good especially if your running a low nutrient system. I’ve used it for over 2 years every day, but as my nutrients are now higher, I’ve dropped to once or twice a week.

It basically feeds the corals what they need to grow if it’s not all in the water column.

Oh and Vibrant, it’s good stuff but I lost a very large elegance coral that reacted as soon as I added it. It did clear up the GHA though!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols thinking of your success w/wall hammers.

You run one of the most stable tanks on R2R (params, regular wc) and it's a mature system (your rock has been around), but my first thought about what makes your tank different is Reef Energy. You've been a heavy regular use of that from the beginning. You've gone thru like 3 or 4 different Alk/Ca approaches, a few trace element solutions, but you've stuck with RE. Just wondering how important that may be for your hammer.

We saw how serious he reacted to Vibrant (not in a good way) and Greybeard lost his wall hammer to Vibrant.
Well,
Just got back from re-filling one of my Co2 tanks and made the weekly water change.

One of our close friend's lost their 30 year old son this week, and he graduated with Heather. So, going by the funeral home and we have Angelia's birthday party at her mom's this evening.

It's a good conversation and I do dose on the heavy side with RE.
It keeps organics in the water column for not only coral heath, but feeds your bacteria's too. When I lost the reef with dino's it made me reset my... mind thought.

I can also drive up my alk because I feel like the RE is protection for sps.

If you remember:
When I got in the cal reactor I wanted to see what it could do and turned it off when we hit 18 dkh.

With out RE, I've would have never attempted that stunt, but (lol) we know this GEO setup should last a long time for the S-400.

Shaun's in a way different situation and I can see why he's cutting back.

I always appreciate the compliment's and some of the live rock goes back to 2010.

It's a great conversation and just one guy doing the best that he can do, one day at a time.

I read ;Bookworm everyone's of your build's and that has taught me more than you guys will ever know... ;Wideyed ... ;Writing

Hope ya'll are having a nice day :) and hope... ;Nailbiting the S-400 is not in the ditch by the am... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our close friend's lost their 30 son this week and he graduated with Heather. So, going by the funeral home and we have Angelia's birthday party at her mom's this evening.
Tough way to spend a day. Hope you guys hang in there!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad times, I lost my boy young, my heart goes out to them and you.
Yes,
You did Simon

So sorry for your loss

We will light a candle for you, your son and the Sharp family

candle-animated-gif-1.gif

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols

Yes,
And it was some tough stuff on the wall hammer. I sure will never double the one time dose again.

I also believe in Shaun's coral loss too, not to mention Greybeard's.

I'm still dosing once a month, but dosing real slow / in many area's of the overflow box and the sump too.
The Wall Hammer has reacted much better by dosing Vibrant in that manner.

I was just dumping Vibrant into the main display and the flow was taking it straight down into the Wall Hammer.

I used to fire a lot of pumps once a week to keep the live rock pores clean and healthy.
Since dosing Vibrant, I get the same results, and it lets me... "Keep the Hands... Out of the Tank"

tumblr_op6vaycOGd1w454clo5_500.gif

...;Cow

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
Just got back from re-filling one of my Co2 tanks and made the weekly water change.

One of our close friend's lost their 30 year old son this week, and he graduated with Heather. So, going by the funeral home and we have Angelia's birthday party at her mom's this evening.

It keeps organics in the water column for not only coral heath, but feeds your bacteria's too. When I lost the reef with dino's it made me reset my... mind thought.

If you remember:
When I got in the cal reactor I wanted to see what it could do and turned it off when we hit 18 dkh.

With out RE, I've would have never attempted that stunt, but (lol) we know this GEO setup should last a long time for the S-400.

I always appreciate the compliment's and some of the live rock goes back to 2010.

It's a great conversation and just one guy doing the best that he can do, one day at a time.

I read ;Bookworm everyone's of your build's and that has taught me more than you guys will ever know... ;Wideyed ... ;Writing

Hope ya'll are having a nice day :) and hope... ;Nailbiting the S-400 is not in the ditch by the am... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tough way to spend a day. Hope you guys hang in there!

I am so sorry to hear that. my condolences for you Simon and the Sharp family.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really great growth/recovery overview.
Thanks, Janci

It's pretty neat to watch it's growth, since that time.
We'll keep an eye on it and see if the new growth stays inline with the dead skeletal area.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,

If you remember:

Sad times, I lost my boy young, my heart goes out to them and you.

My prayers go out to all of you.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
Next month, will be one year with the cal reactor.

The media is getting deep melt outs (pits) in stage one.

So, Next month:

We will put in brand new media in stage one / and drop in a brand new double junction ph probe.

Will rinse out stage two's media and top off with new media.

Check all lines and feed pump too.

No complaints, but just want to stay on top of the cal reactor, for another one year run.

Thanks for the time and hope, all are doing well.

Last edited:

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the worst thread on the internet. I've never seen a tank more obviously photo-shopped in my life. It's as if you let Jimmy Haslam himself manage your tank.

I hope you severely stub your pinky toe this week.

Back