Grafting mushroom corals

Hunter1036

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever tried it? Any tips? What kind of mushrooms did you use and were you successful?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never heard of being able to graft shrooms. But try it. Likely you will just have two different shrooms on one plug. I'd be interested to know if it can be done as well...

SAPPER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you slice a shroom on a rock and you dont remove one half it's possible it will fuse back together. So it would be interesting but maybe hard to keep them held together and keep them both happy.

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a thread on another site where shut successfully grafted some shrooms. He took 2 different shrooms and cut them up in multiple pieces and then he put them inside one of the plastic kids vending machine eggs. He has some holes in the eggs to allow water flow. He got some of the pieces to bond themselves together and grown into s shroom. He said his success rate was something like 1 out of 10 eggs would get 1 grafted shroom. All by total chance of cut shrooms being next to each other.

I never heard anything more but he had pictures so it certainly can be done.

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to have to follow this as well. I have always wondered if this was possible

ecdragonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have over 30 different type of mushrooms.In total about 300 or more so tonight I said screw it lets give it a try.I cut up about 10 of the same type in different colors and I am trying for ***** and giggles all types of way to see if they will graft.what the heck nothin tried nothing gained.I will let every one know what happens in the next few weeks.hopfuly a couple take.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have over 30 different type of mushrooms.In total about 300 or more so tonight I said screw it lets give it a try.I cut up about 10 of the same type in different colors and I am trying for ***** and giggles all types of way to see if they will graft.what the heck nothin tried nothing gained.I will let every one know what happens in the next few weeks.hopfuly a couple take.
Watching, waiting, anticipating...o_O

Pyroprone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what ended up happening?

Pyroprone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also you had mentioned trying injections ever try that?

Pyroprone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a interesting idea that I just thought of... Getting 4-5 or however many color variations and putting them all together in the blender Tek... Keep all the bits as close as possible to each other and see what ends up growing

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back