Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped paying attention to “predictions” a long time ago. Especially as they relate to climate change.
They actually cite crown of thorns sea stars as a contributor to the decline. It's available to read on the article you posted.

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They actually cite crown of thorns sea stars as a contributor to the decline. It's available to read on the article you posted.
I watched a documentary on the crown of thorns and what they were doing to try to combat it. They were actually sending divers down to inject poison into the starfish. Crazy stuff. But effective.

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well best thing to do is aquaculture the endangered reefs until their predator issue is handled or resolved by nature or mans hand. no?
That’s exactly what they’re doing here in Florida down at the Keys. I posted about that here.

jason24365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly what they’re doing here in Florida down at the Keys. I posted about that here.
thats awesome. i have a huge interest in finding ways to help give back to the earth from the hobby like some are already doing. i will get there!

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breitbart?!? Really?!? This article is an intentional misrepresentation of the report that AIMS published, to the point where it would be fair to call it propaganda. I urge you to read the actual study and to listen to the experts and the scientific consensus on what is happening to reefs around the world, and to world in general, instead of what amounts to a political version of Weekly World News.

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breitbart?!? Really?!? This article is an intentional misrepresentation of the report that AIMS published, to the point where it would be fair to call it propaganda. I urge you to read the actual study and to listen to the experts and the scientific consensus on what is happening to reefs around the world, and to world in general, instead of what amounts to a political version of Weekly World News.
You read the news you like to read. And I’ll read the news I like to read. CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC and all the rest of the alphabet news organizations including the AP and Reuters are all fake. Russia Russia Russia. Too funny. They gave out a Pulitzer Prize for fake news. I can’t….

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever news people enjoy is fine but the fact is the great barrier reef is not doing good maybe just better than originally predicted, that doesn't mean it's not in extreme danger let's think past decades, the ocean is millions of years old and we screwed it up in a few hundred years, that is not the great barrier reef doing good.... :( that's like a tree you see dying, first you notice the leaves turning yellow then brown one by one, what leaf are we on? Why is our tree dying!

I have no affiliation with anyone here or any motive but spreading knowledge. I did watch this pod cast and I believe this guy is helping not only the great barrier reef but our planet please check it out (donate if you can) he and his team are a private organization with out government funding and need as much help as they can get! Just watch and hear it in his voice and here's a link to their site.

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever news people enjoy is fine but the fact is the great barrier reef is not doing good maybe just better than originally predicted, that doesn't mean it's not in extreme danger let's think past decades, the ocean is millions of years old and we screwed it up in a few hundred years, that is not the great barrier reef doing good.... :( that's like a tree you see dying, first you notice the leaves turning yellow then brown one by one, what leaf are we on? Why is our tree dying!

I have no affiliation with anyone here or any motive but spreading knowledge. I did watch this pod cast and I believe this guy is helping not only the great barrier reef but our planet please check it out (donate if you can) he and his team are a private organization with out government funding and need as much help as they can get! Just watch and hear it in his voice and here's a link to their site.

You obviously didn’t read the article that you’re suggesting I read. Because if you had you would’ve read that coral cover is that a 36 year high. In other words, the highest point since they started keeping track of it.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You obviously didn’t read the article that you’re suggesting I read. Because if you had you would’ve read that coral cover is that a 36 year high. In other words, the highest point since they started keeping track of it.
No I didn't thats why I didn't quote you or your article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back