Great clownfish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to leave a review for cultivated reef and holly who was very responsive to my emails and even tho there wasn’t a wysiwyg for the clowns I wanted, they picked out a great pair for me Which were eating immediately out the bag. Each clown was shipped separately (they were both juvi), with a good amount of shipping water. Def going to be shopping here again

Sorry for the bad video, I really *really* like the mocha vinci but both are gorgeous and healthy, thanks so much, Holly!

OP
OP
Pkunk35

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, These clowns are doin great! Cookin my second tank and will def be buying clowns again!

question, when do they start maturing and sexing out? I’m so curious as to which would become female as they are both fairly equal in temperament and size...are there any indications to watch for that one would be turning female?

Cultivated Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update, These clowns are doin great! Cookin my second tank and will def be buying clowns again!

question, when do they start maturing and sexing out? I’m so curious as to which would become female as they are both fairly equal in temperament and size...are there any indications to watch for that one would be turning female?

I'm not 100% sure so I've sent an email direct to the breeders and will let you know what they say!

Cultivated Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not 100% sure so I've sent an email direct to the breeders and will let you know what they say!
Ok so I have some good info for you @Pkunk35. In general it takes about a year and a half. The fish if purchased as a size small are around 4-6 months old. So as long as they are bonded and well taken care of food wise they will make those changes and start breeding this fall/winter.

Whichever fish starts to grow bigger will become the female. I would think that size difference would start to become noticeable soon.

OP
OP
Pkunk35

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have some good info for you @Pkunk35. In general it takes about a year and a half. The fish if purchased as a size small are around 4-6 months old. So as long as they are bonded and well taken care of food wise they will make those changes and start breeding this fall/winter.

Whichever fish starts to grow bigger will become the female. I would think that size difference would start to become noticeable soon.
It’s gonna be a race to see who gets bigger, they both eat like hogs! Thanks so much for the answer!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back