Great Experience with Dr. Reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kmwcane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I just wanted to post about the great experience I've had so far with @Dr. Reef . I received a shipment of fish today - all wrasses - and all of the fish arrived alive. The McCosker's wrasse was/is struggling so I notified Dr. Reef as soon as I could. I quickly received a response back and, without hesitation, I was told if anything went wrong with the McCosker's then I was covered. Truly top-notch service and extremely awesome to know that you will be taken care of if anything goes wrong. Thank you Dr. Reef!

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Experience a few times with issues happening a month or few laternormally people wouldn’t cover , Mike would take care of it , solid guy A plus

stevellem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely satisfied buying from Dr. Reef. It’s unfortunate that the title of negative posts can’t be changed after the fact. The negative feedbacks that I’ve read for Dr. Reef ended up eventually getting resolved very much to the customer’s satisfaction.

I ordered a rhomboidalis and a Lineatus wrasse from Mike. Before ordering, I had a discussion with Mike about Unknown Neurological Wrasse disease (UNW disease) reported by and discussed on R2R:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/unknown-neurological-wrasse-disease-unwd.901856/

I had previously ordered/obtained one of each of the wrasses from a reputable online source and from my LFS, and after weeks in QT, then weeks in my 375g DT, both died after exhibiting the symptoms described by Jay Hemdal.

It did take a little long to have the wrasses sent to me from Dr. Reef but that was only because Mike suggested keeping the fish in QT longer to rule out UNW disease. I received the Rhomboid wrasse first and after I received it, I noted that it seemed to be struggling to swim. I immediately contacted Mike. We kept corresponding for a few days until the fish died at which time Mike said he would send me a replacement. Along the way, I received emails stating the fish was/were ready to ship but was then notified that the fish were not in good shape and that the order would be put back in the queue until absolutely healthy fish came out of QT.

True to his word, Mike first sent the replacement Rhomboid wrasse then in a second shipment (he did not charge me a shipping charge for the replacement rhomboidalis or a second shipping charge for the Lineatus ) with the Lineatus wrasse.

The fish went into my QT, started eating the next day and have been successfully introduced and thriving in my DT.

It’s very refreshing to meet someone like Mike who obviously runs a very ethical business and goes out of his way to make sure the customer is completely satisfied.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely satisfied buying from Dr. Reef. It’s unfortunate that the title of negative posts can’t be changed after the fact. The negative feedbacks that I’ve read for Dr. Reef ended up eventually getting resolved very much to the customer’s satisfaction.

I ordered a rhomboidalis and a Lineatus wrasse from Mike. Before ordering, I had a discussion with Mike about Unknown Neurological Wrasse disease (UNW disease) reported by and discussed on R2R:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/unknown-neurological-wrasse-disease-unwd.901856/

I had previously ordered/obtained one of each of the wrasses from a reputable online source and from my LFS, and after weeks in QT, then weeks in my 375g DT, both died after exhibiting the symptoms described by Jay Hemdal.

It did take a little long to have the wrasses sent to me from Dr. Reef but that was only because Mike suggested keeping the fish in QT longer to rule out UNW disease. I received the Rhomboid wrasse first and after I received it, I noted that it seemed to be struggling to swim. I immediately contacted Mike. We kept corresponding for a few days until the fish died at which time Mike said he would send me a replacement. Along the way, I received emails stating the fish was/were ready to ship but was then notified that the fish were not in good shape and that the order would be put back in the queue until absolutely healthy fish came out of QT.

True to his word, Mike first sent the replacement Rhomboid wrasse then in a second shipment (he did not charge me a shipping charge for the replacement rhomboidalis or a second shipping charge for the Lineatus ) with the Lineatus wrasse.

The fish went into my QT, started eating the next day and have been successfully introduced and thriving in my DT.

It’s very refreshing to meet someone like Mike who obviously runs a very ethical business and goes out of his way to make sure the customer is completely satisfied.

I am really happy to hear new fish is doing good.

Negative posts: I look at them as a way to learn and get better at waht i should be doing.
I was a hobbyist for 25+ years. I know what I would want if I was a customer to a company. That is why when i see a neg post, I put myself in that shoe and see what would be an outcome that will satisfy me.
I know most of that goes against business moto now a days, but I dont belive if i give back to the very people that made me a business to begin with, there is nothing wrong with that and it wont hurt my business in long run either.

Also I run this qt business for passion not for making money.
I know may people are disappointed or sometime upset when they open the box and there is a fish or 2 missing and i tell them they were not shipped due to quality issues.
I rather see a post that say i am slightly disapointed as 1 of my fish was not sent to me due to quality issue, rather seeing a post that says I received my fish and what horrible unhealthy fish is sent as qted fish to me.

To me, you are paying for a service. client can buy fish anywhere, there are thousands of retaila nd online businesses. but at Dr Reef you are buying quality/service for that fish. Thats why I like to make sure I do whats best for your dollar.

I think i can do all this because
1, i have passion for this hobby,
2, I feel your pain and happiness as I am a hobbyist first and business later and
3, I have othermeans of income and this is fun and hobby.
4, I respect each and everyone of you because without your support I would not be here where I stand today.

PopDBE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you all received the fish, was the bag fully inflated with oxygen and enough water or was the bags deflated with a suffering fish?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back