Great Swimming Fish: Who does it best?

BRS

What types of fish are the best swimmers? (Pick the top 2)

• Anthias

Votes: 60 15.7%
  • Angelfish

Votes: 48 12.6%
  • Butterfly Fish

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Clownfish

Votes: 53 13.9%
  • Basslets

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Dartfish

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Dragonets

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • Eels

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Rabbitfish

Votes: 11 2.9%
  • Gobies

Votes: 21 5.5%
  • Tangs

Votes: 168 44.1%
  • Wrasse

Votes: 165 43.3%

• Total voters

DiloHunter

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I went for wrasses because I used to have a red coris wrasse and it would spend all day darting around my tank. It would spend its time either burrowing or swimming. I also voted for dragonets because I love the way they scoot around in short bursts looking for pods. I currently have a Spotted Mandarin Dragonet.

Astronomical

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I voted dartfish and gobies. Dartfish because my dad has a beautiful Zebra Barred Dartfish in his tank that flairs his fins often and darts all around, as the name suggests, and gobies because blenny was not an option. I love watching my bicolor blenny!

Wieloch89

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
5C5FF239-4627-411E-8DB0-FDAF00AB81CD.jpeg
Clowns for sure. They’re simple but have tons of personality and you usually always see them in pairs interacting with each other. Definitely worth watch for a while.

Nemo&Friends

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I did not vote, as my choice as previously mentioned was my green chromis, but I want to make it more specific as there are so many way to swim.
My vote would be the following
Best endurance swimmer Green Chromis, never stop and swim face to the water flow.
Best water treader Clowns they can stay in the same spot for hours, even at night in a corner of the tank. I do not know how they sleep.
Fatest swimmer Firefish they disappear in a blink of an eye and I cannot tell where they went.
Best cruiser Hippo Tang and Foxface swim leisurely through out the tank, ignoring others.
Best explorers Sixline wrasse and Elfii angel. They are constantly checking rocks and going in and out of them.
Most unusual Pajama Cardinal. They look like a mechanical toy when they swim. They keep their body and their fins completely still when they advance, yet zero in to their target quite fast.
Best observer but poor swimmer Starry Blenny. Was continually watching what was going on around him.

tharbin

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I voted for Dartfish because I love watching Firefish swimming around. They are very graceful and then, boom, they are gone. My favorite fish to watch though is not on the list. I find a large Niger Trigger to by almost hypnotic to watch. It just seems so effortless. Achilles Tangs are pretty much up there as well.

i cant think

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I did not vote, as my choice as previously mentioned was my green chromis, but I want to make it more specific as there are so many way to swim.
My vote would be the following
Best endurance swimmer Green Chromis, never stop and swim face to the water flow.
Best water treader Clowns they can stay in the same spot for hours, even at night in a corner of the tank. I do not know how they sleep.
Fatest swimmer Firefish they disappear in a blink of an eye and I cannot tell where they went.
Best cruiser Hippo Tang and Foxface swim leisurely through out the tank, ignoring others.
Best explorers Sixline wrasse and Elfii angel. They are constantly checking rocks and going in and out of them.
Most unusual Pajama Cardinal. They look like a mechanical toy when they swim. They keep their body and their fins completely still when they advance, yet zero in to their target quite fast.
Best observer but poor swimmer Starry Blenny. Was continually watching what was going on around him.
What’s an “Elfii Angelfish?” They sound similar but I can’t figure out how I know it.

Nemo&Friends

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
eThis is an Elfli angel. They are under rated in my opinion. Mine must be close to six years.

i cant think

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
BRS

How close to perfect, for you, is your reef aquarium?

• IT'S PERFECT NOW

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • It's getting close

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • It's about half way there

Votes: 75 18.2%
  • It's slow but progressing

Votes: 125 30.4%
  • It's not even close

Votes: 124 30.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 2.7%