Great White Protein Skimmer Debuting at ReefStock Australia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Great White from Dalua Australia is a curious protein skimmer with a curious combination of features. This pipeless skimmer set to debut at ReefStock Australia was designed in Australia, made in Taiwan, and uses a high quality Italian needle wheel pump to do its job. At first glance the conical upper half of the […]

Continue reading...

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried this skimmer? I'm thinking about getting one. I've looked for reviews, but can't find any.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish these skimmer companies would produce some data, R&D numbers, and test results to back up the claims their design is any better than any other skimmer out there. This doesn't just apply to Great White, but pretty much all of them. For example: "On equally stocked reef aquariums, our design produced 50ml more dark skimmate per week than the competition". Something like that. Without real data, skimmer manufacturers are just relying on hype and the band wagon effect to sell their products. They sell for the first year or two, then fall off the face of the planet. Somatic and Nyos for example, most likely will be gone soon and forgotten.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back