Green algae problem and coral bleaching

Whiteydenewf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A8B9007E-8E3C-4421-8306-6A2010DFB7D6.jpeg

So this is my son’s tank. Every week it is a fight to control the hair algae. He currently has a clown, peppermint shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, Halloween hermit crab, emerald crab, a couple astrea snails, 2 turban snails, 2 bumblebee snails, 4 margarita snails, and a cowrie snail.

Every week we do water changes. Phosphates are good. Nitrates are good. Every month we vacuum the back of the tank and change up the carbon and GfO. During water changes we suction the sand to remove waste. And I pinch as much of the hair algae as possible to reduce growth. But every week the darn stuff keeps coming back. We use the product Vibrant weekly as directed. Saltwater is at 33ppm.

He’s had this tank for 2 years and we have solved problems through this site’s forums, but I’m going crazy. Can anyone throw out some suggestions?

thanks

Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the rodi suggestions. Forgive my question.
Ok so after googling the RODI systems I’ve got another question. Which one would I choose for a 20G tank? The lowest I’ve found has a 75G capacity for bulk reef supply. I also see some with 3 stages and others with more. I am not rdy to give up on this reef tank and am ready to get whatever I need to make it work.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back