Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone,

I bought this green BTA a couple months ago and it immediately disappeared. Never saw it after day 1 until tonight. I finally saw it tonight and It was clung underneath a rock that I grabbed and turned to get a better look at it and it looks like this. It looks like the tentacles are pretty much rotted away. My question is, is there a slim possibility that this could be saved? Im assuming not but any hope at all is better than none. Thanks.

32BE0404-A519-4213-B045-97BF53ECCF48.jpeg

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
This is in very much distress. Either too much or too little light and water flow

World Wide Corals

ScionFRSguy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You should be just fine. Despite the tentacles being rotted, it still has a nice fully body that's going to expand. You can see the thickness in the body, that's a great sign. It's not like it's shrived up into a tiny body with no tentacles. I've seen anemones in worst conditions come back to full health and coloration. I would avoid heavy feeding as it takes a lot of energy out of them. If anything, you can do light feeding once a week. I would avoid powered foods like reefroids or TDO, instead, try giving a small super thin slice of squid, scallop, or shrimp. Natural meaty foods work best.

Some people might suggest using CIPRO but I wouldn't do it. It just needs some time to recover. Good luck!

Tidal Gardens
BRS

How have you used eggcrate in or around your aquarium?

• Aquarium lid

Votes: 82 30.1%
  • Frag rack

Votes: 142 52.2%
  • Skimmer stand

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Sump Divider

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Other (please describe in the discussion)

Votes: 39 14.3%
  • I have not used eggcrate in or around my aquarium

Votes: 69 25.4%
Aquarium Specialty