Green Chromis eggs on glass pic

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny I always have green chromis in my tanks as a "schooling" fish but sometimes they fight their way down to one or two.

I've had these lucky 7 for over a year now(knock knock), they have been doing good with seperate sleeping dens, and plenty of food every day consistently. I’ve noticed them getting very aggressive to each other lately, but I see why.

One of the biggest chromis was attacking a snail that got to close to the eggs thats how i noticed it first, strange to see a chromis attack a snail.

20220418_181733.jpg 20220418_181716.jpg 20220418_172013.jpg 20220418_181532.jpg 20220418_181607.jpg 20220418_181623.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would spawn like that. They never made it past eggs. Food for everything

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 7 green chromis for over 4 years. They each have an hidden spot at night. They have been spawning regularly and sometimes I even have 2 different pairs spawning in opposite side of the tank. While the eggs are on the glass, the rocks or even the heater, the male become quite aggressive to anyone going close to his eggs. Then he calms down a bit, but they spawn often and the cycle start again. I had read you needed a minimum of 6 chromis to keep the aggression down so I bought 9. But one was killed by a 4 stripped damsel on the first day, and another one got hurt a few weeks later. The remaining 7 are doing well for 4 years now, though they are continually bickering . I am guessing I have 4 males and 3 females, males being larger.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Unfortunately, these will be consumed by both fish and snails little by little

OP
OP
thatmanMIKEson

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 7 green chromis for over 4 years. They each have an hidden spot at night. They have been spawning regularly and sometimes I even have 2 different pairs spawning in opposite side of the tank. While the eggs are on the glass, the rocks or even the heater, the male become quite aggressive to anyone going close to his eggs. Then he calms down a bit, but they spawn often and the cycle start again. I had read you needed a minimum of 6 chromis to keep the aggression down so I bought 9. But one was killed by a 4 stripped damsel on the first day, and another one got hurt a few weeks later. The remaining 7 are doing well for 4 years now, though they are continually bickering . I am guessing I have 4 males and 3 females, males being larger.
That sounds alot like my situation with one pair for sure. I also started with 9_or 10 but it got down to the strong seven, and I think they found balance. One's bottom fins have a very slight tint of red to them, its the only one like that, and thats only been like that for maybe a week. I like cromis , I've tried to keep blue reef's, I love their color,, but I have worse luck with them..

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My maroon clown was being battered by the b/g chromis when I added her. On the second day she had enough and snapped. I came home from work and it was a mess missing fins battered side. She beat the snot out of the leader. Second one started in on her I came how from work and the same thing maybe a little worse. She up set the balance now I have just one. I started with 5.

Back