Green clouded tank won’t go away help

chad8282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago I did a gravel vac and tbh my tank was somewhat bad full of alage but I scraped and cleaned up the tank walls but when I gravel vacced lots of green was under the sand causing a very dark tint of green to the water. It was so bad I couldn’t see an inch in. 3 weeks later 5 10g at a time water changes and it’s 50% better. I’ve used both pristine and clarity with no luck

image.jpg

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have have a sump and room for another pump, even a small UV sterilizer will clear that up quickly. There are many more options on how to run a UV.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn your lights off and get a uv filter going asap and you'll be golden going forward. Also finding the root cause of what's causing the issue would be your best bet as that is not normal.

OP
OP
C

chad8282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn your lights off and get a uv filter going asap and you'll be golden going forward. Also finding the root cause of what's causing the issue would be your best bet as that is not normal.
Root cause was definitely kicking up green muck from gravel vac

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back