OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well dang..my LFS is a very reputable place but they only had green clown goby on the glass I guess I should have went into more detail. I did not know there were that many species that are closely alike. I guess I need to start researching which one exactly I have. Mines has the green body with the red striped and white bands on outside of red striped going down his body. And he scoots so dam funny across the sand and rocks ahahah. Thanks for the reply and knowledge! I know forsure mine eats the live baby brine all day but still no luck with pellets. I also got some PE frozen mysis from LFS but they are HUGE! Even my clowns look at them weird. I think they have reef frenzy frozen food mix but not RODs frozen food.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well dang..my LFS is a very reputable place but they only had green clown goby on the glass I guess I should have went into more detail. I did not know there were that many species that are closely alike. I guess I need to start researching which one exactly I have. Mines has the green body with the red striped and white bands on outside of red striped going down his body. And he scoots so dam funny across the sand and rocks ahahah. Thanks for the reply and knowledge! I know forsure mine eats the live baby brine all day but still no luck with pellets. I also got some PE frozen mysis from LFS but they are HUGE! Even my clowns look at them weird. I think they have reef frenzy frozen food mix but not RODs frozen food.
It sounds like a histrio, if you want a closer ID then if you go into my article about Gobiidae then go onto the discussion then it should be page 2 that has 3 of the species, I will most likely make a seperate article about Paragobiodon later to see if it could be the P. xanthosoma

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as he saw a wiggler go past him he came out from his rock you can see in the beginning him hiding and after i drop those bbs he comes out immediately

Attachments

• VID_20220523_062635.mp4
    87.6 MB

immaman2011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arrgghh. Yeah Clown Goby’s are a huge pain in the but to get eating. I’ve gone through three greens, a Citron, and now a yellow. One of the greens ate fine immediately and was happy for months but died with an unfortunate salinity swing. The Citron and other two greens wouldn’t eat and succumbed after less than a week.
My current yellow is tiny, seems to have a pretty emaciated and sunken belly and isn’t super active. Tends to cling to the back wall and move around occasionally. Doesn’t seem interested in food much at all.
I reached out to the online shop I bought him from and asked what they were feeding. A mix of baby brine, mysid and lobster eggs. I tried and it didn’t get a huge response from him.
Currently I’m mixing tiny amounts of different stuff and using a pipette to gently squirt some right at him, and doing this 3 or 4 times a day. I’m trying frozen brine, mysid, black worms, lobster eggs or rotifers. Give a little bit of one, then a bit of something else a few hours later. I’m also mixing batches of a couple of different ones and trying that occasionally.
I’m hatching baby brine shrimp every couple of days and squirting some of those right at him, hoping that the movement will attract his attention.
5 days in and he’s still alive. I think he may have grabbed the occasional morsel when I fed him (hard to tell because he stays at the back behind the rock) but really can’t tell.
I’ve got some Seachem Garlic Guard coming today that I’m going to try - garlics supposed to make food more tempting and trigger a feeding response.
I dosed a fresh batch of Copepods the same day he arrived so there should be some tiny critters in there he can eat if he’s tempted by those.
Clown Gobies are awesome little fish and they’re one of a very few fish that are suitable for small Pico tanks so I keep trying them but it’s saddening. The purple firefish in the same tank also got off to a slow start but after three weeks he’s happy and feeding well. Keep hoping the Clown Goby will learn good habits from the firefish.
My orange citron goby eats marine omega color flakes and frozen mysis. I guess it all depends on their personality and amount of time they've been living in the actual tank setting. Mine will swim all around the other fishes territories and is very bold but very peaceful. None of the other fish bother him. He actually looks to me when I am getting ready to feed. Gobbles stuff up like no tomorrow. I've seen LFS have issues with getting clown gobys to feed so I guess it all boils down to the source and the fishes personality. Gotta tell your LFS to let you watch them feed before you buy.

immaman2011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's smart never thought of that I will ask them to feed in future to see who is easy and difficult. Thanks for adive
It's also cool to watch the citron literally glue himself to any surface no matter what direction he's pointing towards. He'll park right on the side of the glass, his slime allows him to attach anywhere it seems. Even against my WaveMaker. Cool to watch!

Attachments

• 20220604_145313.jpg
    20220604_145313.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 27

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's also cool to watch the citron literally glue himself to any surface no matter what direction he's pointing towards. He'll park right on the side of the glass, his slime allows him to attach anywhere it seems. Even against my WaveMaker. Cool to watch!
It really is, I don’t have a citron however I do have the Acicularis but all Gobiodon species have the ability to sit anywhere just some species are better with it than others are (In terms of being out in the open).
905CEF71-34C4-48DD-924C-D2FC97C840E4.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back