Green Hair Algea and Phosphate Question

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Small outbreak of GHA because my Phosphate was. 25 I added Chemi pure Elite it brought it down to showing 0 on a API test I know they aren't the best but should I Keep the Chemi Pure Elite in as the GHA dies it will release the locked up Phosphate correct? Currently using DIY NOPOX and will start Microbacter 7 tomorrow

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The API does not go low enough. A lot of people like to keep their phosphate between 0.03 and 0.1. Consider getting a more detailed range kit. However, You can keep the chemipure elite in (or at least I would). Also, I would scrub the hair algae off if you can and then siphon it out. This can prevent the algae from polluting the tank with phosphate and nitrate. Also try to figure out what caused the phosphates to go in in the first place. How new is the tank (if it is new at all)?

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about 10 months old I had what someone told me was Dinos so I raised my Nitrate and Phosphate up to out compete it Went Barebottom and Got GHA To help with that now I seemed to have won that now just to remove this

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always get a fish to eat it too if you don't want ot manually remove it

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems this morning the combo Diy Nopox and Chemi pure elite is working as the GHA is starting to turn white on tips and very easy to pull off Water is SUPER Clear

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back