OP
OP
M

Motiv8rnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait 14 days and see how things are going before making a decision. By then it should have completely broken down, but depends on how strong the dose you administered and how much is there.
You're only on day 5, so I guess by this time next week you should be seeing a significant change.

Keep us updated, I am interested in how you're getting on with it and feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

I dosed the tank for 160 gallons. So right at the recommended dosage. I was hesitant on doing anything over that as I wasn’t sure how it would effect anything.
Yea, I will post something at the 10 & 15 days.
Thanks again for the help.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hwy Mo, pull out what ya can by hand keep up with the flucazole even after the 10 day as directed . Urchins do a great job on algae maybe a couple of those. I have Ha also been plagued for years. I'm starving the tank of nutrients at this point .watching corals very close. Funny they actually look better ! My snails are dead beats also . More snails are called for .

OP
OP
M

Motiv8rnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About ten days into treating with flucazole and have noticed the algae patches are noticeably lighter in color, almost a whiteish color. What are everyone’s thought on pulling/siphoning what I can, do a water change and do another round of flucazole.
As of right now, it is getting better. I added more snails and a lawnmower blenny three days ago. Was thinking of getting a tuxedo urchin or two to help.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing the exact same (fluconazole for GHA), and am on day 9. I've been seeing the same. The ends are turning white, and it's stopped spreading. Praise be!

As a small note, I've read that for GHA, treatment may need to be as long as 3 weeks, just FYI. Bryopsis is killed much more quickly than GHA.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back