Sprinting

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I feel silly posting this because I was always under the impression that green hairy mushroom are super hard to kill. I had a huge one about to split and I didn't want it on nearby rocks.

It was attached to tonga live rock so it's relatively easy to scrap off. After the got the whole thing removed I rinsed it a bit with tank water and then out it into the tank with some rubble rock. No dip or anything. After a few days the mushroom basically disintegrated.

Anyone have tips for how I can give the mushroom a better chance of survival?
Here's a pic of it in the cup a few hours after cutting.
20210419_160711.jpg

Lazy's Coral House

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
oh man, well first of sorry you’re having that issue... whenever I try and take a mushroom off a rock I always chip the rock and never cut or scrape the mushroom maybe I’m just too cautious lol

if I do Knick the flesh a bit I always iodine dip and put it in an easily accessible area so that I can keep dipping if necessary...while they heal I put them in a lower flow lower light area...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Another option, especially if using punky Rock is to use a sharp clean chisel to pair away a thin slice of rock under the foot. I fragged 30 ish mushrooms off of live rock and only had two melt on me after.

I did an iodine dip after on everyone.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important?

• YES

Votes: 294 77.8%
  • NO

Votes: 49 13.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 31 8.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.1%
FM