Green Killing Machine UV sterlizer in biocube 32 and 16

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone run the GKM UV sterlizer in a biocube 16 or 32? Where did you put it? I want to run the one with its own pump not the powerhead one.

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone run the GKM UV sterlizer in a biocube 16 or 32? Where did you put it? I want to run the one with its own pump not the powerhead one.
I have one in my 200xl. Which I know isn't an AIO but I did run it in the tank untill am algae bloom cleared. I moved it to the sump after to use as needed. Ot wasn't as ugly as I might have thought in the tank

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in my 200xl. Which I know isn't an AIO but I did run it in the tank untill am algae bloom cleared. I moved it to the sump after to use as needed. Ot wasn't as ugly as I might have thought in the tank
It’s too big to go in the tank part of my biocubes. It’ll take up too much space. I’m thinking I can fit it in with the actual return pump in my 32 but in the 16 I’m thinking it would have to go in chamber 1 when I smash the false floor out.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were issues with Antimony on these units in the past. Apparently some say they have fixed it. For my money and peace of mind I would go elsewhere.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/elevated-antimony-why-should-i-care.857756/
numerous other threads on it. At least worth a look up, if you value your livestock imo.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back