Green mushroom question

m0nk3y69d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired a green mushroom today and I now they like low indirect flow and I have mine right underneath a power head where it dosent get direct flow and it moves a little in the current from a circulater I have in the ops site side of my aquarium and I was wondering if this was ok for it

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

mattmorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is how mushrooms work.....mine THRIVE is the lowest flow area... and they don't like direct light either. i have a biocube with a crappy marine land fresh water LED, NOT for salt water and not the right colors and the mushrooms will get 4 inches tall and 5 inches wide, but in my big tank with $1000 worth of kessil LED's , and medium flow they wont hardly open. all the water is the same and is plumbed together so its only a light and flow issue.

i thought that i couldn't keep mushrooms for a year and realized i had too much flow in my tank. if they don't get enough light they will inflate and reach up toward the light to feed themselves. id put it where its shielded from flow behind a rock or something and make sure its not in direct light.. seem to do best on the bottom of my tank towards the side and back.. or really high in the back corners are even better unless you have a strip light. i have kessil can led lights so its shaded in the back top corner and my green mushrooms LOVE it..

leave it in each spot for at least a week before you move it again... it takes a couple days for them to adjust.... also keep in mind that those might have been raised under lower or brighter light if aqua cultured so this changed the relative measurements of what is considered bright light i guess..

OP
OP
m0nk3y69d

m0nk3y69d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for all the information it is very help full here is a pic of my mushroom now
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1367676553.705296.jpg

OP
OP
m0nk3y69d

m0nk3y69d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool thank you for all the information

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back