Green slimer acro looks a little odd

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About 6 weeks ago I bought a colony of green slimer. It’s done very well and a few of the ends I cut before putting it in the tank have completely healed and show growth. My question is I’ve noticed what looks like brownish “puffy” tissue forming on a few spots. Any idea what that is? Why it’s happening etc.

Thanks.
C8EBC0E3-1E45-44CE-8D4F-62A490101F30.jpeg
604281E2-0D48-440A-9323-1F81F045ABF9.jpeg

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are always the first to go for me when red bugs are in town and looks like that. Try and get a real close look, interceptor may be in your future.

OP
OP
ID-Reefer

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those are always the first to go for me when red bugs are in town and looks like that. Try and get a real close look, interceptor may be in your future.
“Those” meaning acros? I have probably 15 or more acro frags in the tank and don’t see any signs of any bugs on them. This green slimer is in the back so it’s hard to see up close but after staring at it for quite a while I can’t see anything move or any dots. Really hard to pull out and dip since it’s a colony and from what I’ve read dips like coral rx likely won’t work?

guess I’ll keep an eye on it and my other acros and see if I have to go the interceptor route.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If those are AEFL those sticks would be be stark white, surely? They're bad when you cant see them let alone a visible plague.

OP
OP
ID-Reefer

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still no signs of anything. Ive used a flashlight and tried to see anything on it. Ive also watched all acros very closely and haven't seen anything yet... I understand they can be difficult to see. Interestingly, without the lights on in the morning with just daylight I don't even notice this area being different than the rest. Will continue to monitor. The guy I bought the large piece from who has a huge colony of it says he thought its just growth and likely new branching starting but Im not sure I buy that.

Is it possible that its just my lighting and this particular Acro? Maybe its been this way for a while and I just never noticed.

Here is a photo of the same coral this morning without the lights on - just in morning daylight.

IMG_4013.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back