Green water?

Silvermist67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got my water checked and stuff too make sure its stable snd the guy at the shop said all my levels are fine and my water its green like not dirty green but they said it’s probably from extra phosphates and stuff in my water so they recommended me a carbon cleaning and its been a week and theres barely been a change so what should i do?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We really need a set of water parameters including nitrate and phosphate levels

You could run activated carbon to see if that clears it up, I assume that’s maybe what you’ve been doing

It could take a while depending on the size of the tank.

OP
OP
S

Silvermist67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We really need a set of water parameters including nitrate and phosphate levels

You could run activated carbon to see if that clears it up, I assume that’s maybe what you’ve been doing

It could take a while depending on the size of the tank.
Well i dont have testing stuff so i get my water checked every 2 weeks or so and i jus started a activated carbon cleaning snd my tank is 32 gal i think i overfed when i was sick and i couldnt see well

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like an algae bloom. A small UV can clear this up easy but otherwise I would do water changes to clean the substrate and blow off the rocks and stuff and get extra debris out.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i dont have testing stuff so i get my water checked every 2 weeks or so and i jus started a activated carbon cleaning snd my tank is 32 gal i think i overfed when i was sick and i couldnt see well
When you get it checked next time, ask them for the actual readings, and maybe continue with the activated carbon in the meantime just following the instructions for its use.

I run it 24/7 and change it every 4 weeks

Without readings were guessing. If it is raised phosphate look into rowaphos or a GFO for example.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back