Greenish anemone id please

Jonas Bergkvist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i actually bought it from my lfs. It looked like a small anemone or soft coral. Staff didnt know what it was so i got it cheap. Me neither. It looked awsome ☺️ Now that i googled how it looks, i think it’s a Majano if it is i’ll get rid of it. Can someone confirm?
659E73EF-4280-428E-8B1D-7D9006709BE3.jpeg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i actually bought it from my lfs. It looked like a small anemone or soft coral. Staff didnt know what it was so i got it cheap. Me neither. It looked awsome ☺️ Now that i googled how it looks, i think it’s a Majano if it is i’ll get rid of it. Can someone confirm?
659E73EF-4280-428E-8B1D-7D9006709BE3.jpeg
How big is that?

It doesn't distinctly look like any of the majanos in my tank.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s a morph. Seems like majano can come in green or brown.
Yes there's a wide array, I haven't personally seen any with this distinctive ball tips and long foot so to speak.

I would agree it's a pest anemone of some sort. Very well could be majano, I'm certainly not the authority on the matter.

OP
OP
Jonas Bergkvist

Jonas Bergkvist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is that?

It doesn't distinctly look like any of the majanos in my tank.
Just to be on the safe side i took out the rock and cut off the bit it was stuck to and threw it in the trash. A real shame though because i like the look it had. I guess it was for the best ☺️

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to be on the safe side i took out the rock and cut off the bit it was stuck to and threw it in the trash. A real shame though because i like the look it had. I guess it was for the best ☺️
You only had one, I can't see them being nearly as a mess as aiptasia. Poor anemone

OP
OP
Jonas Bergkvist

Jonas Bergkvist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only had one, I can't see them being nearly as a mess as aiptasia. Poor anemone
Yeah i agree i had only one but i read of ppl who experienced these to be just as invasive as aiptasia. Multiplying beyond control. Also if there is to many i see a risk that some of them would hit my wave pumps and it would be messy. I also have aiptasia now that im trying to control. Trying to prepare my aquarium to be sps ready and i just feel that an anenomy of this kind is to much of a potential problem with corals.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also if there is to many i see a risk that some of them would hit my wave pumps and it would be messy.
Before you get another anemone, make sure to get those covered up for them. Any anemone can become mush in one.
I completely understand the removal of it. I only had one in my whole time having a reef. I never see them that often. Aiptasia is everywhere.
GL on the sps :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 75 37.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back