Greetings Brethren. I'm Nathan and I'm new.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I've been to Guangdong a few times and hope to be back in the next few years. One of my many great memories from that area was going to Bai Yun Shan where the White Cloud Minnows were originally discovered.

Clownfish.gif
Hey man. I’m quite familiar with Guangdong as well. Live nearby and have been many times. I even picked up Canto. Lots of great very humble, hardworking people there.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Nice fish corner! I also have recently started a youtube channel!

Good luck with the tank build!, clowns seem to be some of the most extreme personalities to me for smaller systems! Or blennies! Cheers!

Link to channel is below!

Alyssa.Weber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I'm new to online groups like this, but I joined fishlore a few days ago and enjoyed participating there. However, I'm a saltwater guy so I wanted to find a community more focused on coral and calcium than mollies and rasboras. My girlfriend and I live in Shenzhen, China. Currently, I am keeping a 20ish gallon cube. I bought it used for $45! And yesterday, I paid $1.25 per pound for cured live rock. (China is the land of milk and honey for fish keepers.)

I've been keeping aquariums consistently for 20 years now. (I started when I was seven, and I've never been longer than a year or two without a setup.) I've been abroad for four years and this is my second aquarium in China. I'm looking to get back into coral. I have mid-level experience keeping LPS and other softies. I once tried SPS and it wasn't to my liking, but I might give it a try again some day.

Funfact: I've written two articles for Practical Fishkeeping. I wrote The Chinese Upside Down Aquarium in 2018 and The Last Dragons in China in 2019. Writing is my other passion in addition to fishkeeping. Sometimes the two cross paths.

I posted a photo of my "Fish Corner." Most people have a fish room, but my girl and I live in a studio. So I have a fish corner. I'd love some coral stocking ideas and any suggestions on smart or personable fish to train on my youtube channel.

P.S. if there's anyone here in Guangdong, I'd love to connect!

DJI_0336.jpg WechatIMG489.jpeg
Welcome to R2R!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community !!

OP
OP
fishkeepinginasia

fishkeepinginasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Nice fish corner! I also have recently started a youtube channel!

Good luck with the tank build!, clowns seem to be some of the most extreme personalities to me for smaller systems! Or blennies! Cheers!

Link to channel is below!
I will subscribe!
Welcome to R2R! Apparently I need to go to china..
Come visit when the world isn't ending, I'll show you around!

OP
OP
fishkeepinginasia

fishkeepinginasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I've been to Guangdong a few times and hope to be back in the next few years. One of my many great memories from that area was going to Bai Yun Shan where the White Cloud Minnows were originally discovered.

Clownfish.gif
That's awesome! I would like to go up that way sometime.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I'm new to online groups like this, but I joined fishlore a few days ago and enjoyed participating there. However, I'm a saltwater guy so I wanted to find a community more focused on coral and calcium than mollies and rasboras. My girlfriend and I live in Shenzhen, China. Currently, I am keeping a 20ish gallon cube. I bought it used for $45! And yesterday, I paid $1.25 per pound for cured live rock. (China is the land of milk and honey for fish keepers.)

I've been keeping aquariums consistently for 20 years now. (I started when I was seven, and I've never been longer than a year or two without a setup.) I've been abroad for four years and this is my second aquarium in China. I'm looking to get back into coral. I have mid-level experience keeping LPS and other softies. I once tried SPS and it wasn't to my liking, but I might give it a try again some day.

Funfact: I've written two articles for Practical Fishkeeping. I wrote The Chinese Upside Down Aquarium in 2018 and The Last Dragons in China in 2019. Writing is my other passion in addition to fishkeeping. Sometimes the two cross paths.

I posted a photo of my "Fish Corner." Most people have a fish room, but my girl and I live in a studio. So I have a fish corner. I'd love some coral stocking ideas and any suggestions on smart or personable fish to train on my youtube channel.

P.S. if there's anyone here in Guangdong, I'd love to connect!

DJI_0336.jpg WechatIMG489.jpeg
Welcome to R2R!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's awesome! I would like to go up that way sometime.

It is definitely worth the visit - there were some of the most amazing flower gardens there that I have ever seen!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back