Greetings from Johannesburg South Africa

NewRobert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day all,

I figure before I start posting asking for advice that I would introduce myself.

I have been doing tropical aquariums for about 18 months now buying one of those small starter kits at a flea market with my wife in December 2018. Currently we have 9 tropical tanks (250l, 150l, 100l all the way down to a goldfish bowl).

For fathers day my family convinced me to let them gift me a marine tank as I have been dreaming and looking forward to it for a long time.

This Saturday the first of the kit was delivered - a beautiful 375l / 100gallon tank on a cabinet with a canopy with the remaining outstanding things (mainly the sump) to arrive next week sometime.

All of this is quite daunting and I will most likely be asking for advice and help as this would be the first time I ever have a marine tank.

Looking forward to learning!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R and congratulations on the new tank!

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

giphy (25).gif

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
pic's ...we all love pics... :)

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day all,

I figure before I start posting asking for advice that I would introduce myself.

I have been doing tropical aquariums for about 18 months now buying one of those small starter kits at a flea market with my wife in December 2018. Currently we have 9 tropical tanks (250l, 150l, 100l all the way down to a goldfish bowl).

For fathers day my family convinced me to let them gift me a marine tank as I have been dreaming and looking forward to it for a long time.

This Saturday the first of the kit was delivered - a beautiful 375l / 100gallon tank on a cabinet with a canopy with the remaining outstanding things (mainly the sump) to arrive next week sometime.

All of this is quite daunting and I will most likely be asking for advice and help as this would be the first time I ever have a marine tank.

Looking forward to learning!
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Robert. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice start (the tank)!!! Welcome.
Ask away as we love to help. It can be daunting, but just start with basics. Sounds like you have plenty of experience with freshies, so this will just be a slightly different chemistry and ecosystem.
Good luck! We love build threads.....hint, hint.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back