Greetings from north of scotland!

The Night Driving Avenger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Made the jump from tropical to salt water at last! never thought I'd get into it due to cost but I was lucky enough to get a £4000 mature tank,coral, maxspect razor lights,livestock,equipment,chems the lot for £500 a couple of months ago. Had to look up a hefty amount of stuff and more often than not I ended up on here so figured I may as well make an account haha.

I was warned that id lose all interest in tropical once I got saltwater but I said I wouldnt. Sure enough I've got rid of all my tropical stuff now because it's boring as hell in comparison so I sold it off to fund more reef stuff

Livestock currently is a flame angel,a small clownfish, a yellow tail blue damsel, an algae blenny,a lemon damsel,a mandarin ( a bit advanced for me I know but he was a rescue from a broken tank,I'm doing my best by him), a sand sifter starfish, a feather duster worm,and a bunch of turbo snails. There's also a wild caught tiny common goby from the local beach (kid upstairs caught it, his mum asked I wanted it for my tank to save her going all the way to the beach to take it back) it's settled in well with zero issues,great little fish even if he shouldn't really be in there lol

I have one HUGE colony of Duncan coral, like a mythological hydra on steroids,a load of big juicy frogspawn heads, a huge clump of neon green gsp, two smaller paler chunks of gsp, loads of green button polyps and quite a few blue mushrooms. there's a couple of other corals but I'm not sure what they are.Picked up some small frags of stylophora, utter chaos zoas and green montipora this morning too from another reefer locally.

Haven't made too many mistakes so far,the man I bought the reef from ran me through as much as he could but forgot to tell me about changing sock filters so I ended up with diatoms for ages but eventually figured it out on my own!

Plans for the moment are to breed brine shrimp as live food (got stuff on the way) try and get things growing on the back wall of the aquarium as I really don't like the black background in it. Gonna be debt free by mid April so I can start putting some serious money into it!

Anyone near Inverness scotland feel free to get in touch, (I have a bus pass too so don't mind travelling a reasonable amount) I'll always be looking to buy frags and livestock and it's always handy to have contacts in case of emergencies etc lol

Last edited:

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

5EFDF35C-79B8-467B-9084-E319346391D3.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back