Welcome!

1651550160476.gif

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

CactusReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. My name is John, and I’ve been hanging out here lately trying to get back up to speed on the art of reef keeping because so much has changed since the late 80s when I shut down my saltwater tanks and deployed overseas with the US Navy. Now, after all those years I finally have a permanent, land-based home where I can again install a slice of the ocean in my living room.

Indeed, I set up my new Red Sea Reefer 425XL last December and put water in it on Christmas Day. So, it’s been up and running now for about 4 months. I just turned on the lights for the first time a week ago. I’ve had to overcome several challenges already while trying to get the system stabilized and safe for corals, and this forum got me pointed in the right direction more than once. That’s why I’m here — to learn, and to help when I can.

I consider myself a novice (again) even though I’ve kept several marine tanks for years (back in the 80s), because the science, equipment, knowledge base, and environmental concerns have evolved so much since I’ve been away from the hobby that I may as well be starting from scratch. Nobody uses under-gravel filters anymore! Who knew? And now we have DC controllable pumps and everything connected to WiFi. Wow! Back then there was no Internet or YouTube videos to teach you the tricks of the trade. Now there’s so much information at our fingertips is simply amazing.

I’m still dealing with a few trouble spots, so I’ll be posting my queries on the appropriate forum when the time is right. See you then!
Welcome fellow Az reefer

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back