Gregs 22g Long Saga

ReefBoost

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t know how much I appreciate you thinking that this tank looks great. Daily I question my abilities in reefing and wonder if I am crazy for spending all this money again for the 3rd time lol. I’ve only had one successful reef and that was as a teenager in the early 2000s. Every one as an adult has been a failure. I’m trying so hard to do a good job on this one and I want a beautiful reef so bad lol. I hope this one pans out to be what I dream of it to be
That’s what makes this hobby and community so cool is that everyone’s tank, experiences, and battles are a bit different. We all learn and grow so much it helps us take care of our awesome little ecosystems

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UnDa ThA sEa!!!!

A8740ADF-97A1-4297-A55A-7ECB5B89F0A2.jpeg A1C5B2DF-9F99-4F5A-BA23-FA31BEF80E85.jpeg F1BF3751-53A5-4A3E-9D31-A54D2A831962.jpeg

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally had to move the war coral. He’s got bark but apparently not enough bite. That green and orange favia was working him over. In the pico they had to be close. But now everything has room to spread its wings. I’m loving the glass as opposed to the acrylic and cleaning is just so much easier in this tank. Almost effortless lol.

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John at reef cleaners comes through again!

my third tank I’ve bought my clean up crew from him and he’s rock solid every time. Absolutely recommend.

did my weekly 5g water change today and I went ahead and did my first full parameter testing. Since I set it up I’ve only been testing phosphate, nitrate and salinity.

tonight I tested the whole gambit and I’m pretty pleased. This is exactly where I’d like to keep it. That’s the trick. Keeping it here. I’m not changing anything as of right now. I’ll test again on Wednesday and see where I stand to see if I’m experiencing any alk drop. If I see drop I’ll start testing daily to calculate that drop.

right now I’m feeding frozen PE Mysis, PE Calanus, Marine Cusine and Phyto Feast once a day. I’m also using the KZ Nano power package. Skimming full time and have chemipure elite 6.5oz sack.

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are going pretty well this go round. I know it’s early. But I’m very happy at the stability that I currently have. I’ve been monitoring it and it’s pretty solid. Care regimen is pretty simple too.

daily is KZ Nano Power Pack ( per directions on bottles ). Phyto feast ( per directions on bottle ). Frozen food mixture. Shut down all pumps and target feed corals. Everyone eats FAT. I let them sit and feast for 30mins before turning everything back on I then Clean glass with magnet cleaner and wipe down glass and any salt deposits. Along with making a cursory check on all equipment.

weekly is daily regimen plus a 10 percent water change ( matched parameters ). Empty and clean skimmer cup and make any adjustments needed. I also have started testing the gambit and logging the results. The corals seem to be liking the stability. My green acan has several new heads of babies and my single head Duncan that I purchased has a fully pronounced baby head growing daily and two more that are poking out now. I’ve just gotten on the good side of a diatom bloom as well.

thanks reef cleaners they knocked them out quickly!!

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a small flex... i'd sure like to have my hands on a bottle of that
I went in halfsies with my father well below internet pricing but a significant amount over MSRP. Not our proudest moment. But when she called and said she had it we couldn’t pass it up. It’s good but way over hyped…..one of my favorite bourbons if not favorite of all time is readily available and people leave it on the shelf here at home. Jack Daniel’s single barrel. Barrel proof. Second one similar is George Dickle 15 year ( higher proof release) . If you see it buy it no questions asked. It’s not very easy to get many places. But in Texas it’s VERY easy to get.

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good but one of my favorite bourbons if not favorite of all time is readily available and people leave it on the shelf here at home. Jack Daniel’s single barrel. Barrel proof. Second one similar is George Dickle 15 year ( higher proof release) . If you see it buy it no questions asked. It’s not very easy to get many places. But in Texas it’s VERY easy to get.
you can have the JD, lol. I'm a big fan of Old Tub, and Old Forrester 100. Finally picked up a bottle of Willet Pot Still Reserve a few weeks back - better than what people made it out to be. Nonetheless, cheers for a fine bourbon, glad to see I'm not the only one here that likes our American spirit.

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does he mess with any of your inverts, or does he leave everyone alone? Debating a small wrasse in the near future.
He is a model citizen……right now lol. I didn’t buy him as a utility fish. I think they’re beautiful. He’s very very well fed. I’ve never seen him or her messing with inverts

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back