Griessingei Goby aka Flame Prawn Goby

Chrisjordan004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

Just picked up a Griessingei (aka Flame Prawn) Goby from LiveAquaria and it should be here on Friday. Can't wait, as this was one of the few fish I've hoped to get my hands on since entering the hobby. Anyone have any experience with these little guys that you'd care to share? I've got a 20 gal. LPS dominant setup with plenty of substrate and live rock for the Goby to call home. Only other fish are a pair of clowns and since the Flame Prawn will spend most of its time on the sandbed I don't anticipate any friction there. Plan was to pellet feed, but open to suggestions if something else would be better. Thanks for your feedback! Will certainly add some pics once he's acclimated to his new surroundings though I've heard these guys are hard to capture out of hiding.

1606947886314.png

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

Just picked up a Griessingei (aka Flame Prawn) Goby from LiveAquaria and it should be here on Friday. Can't wait, as this was one of the few fish I've hoped to get my hands on since entering the hobby. Anyone have any experience with these little guys that you'd care to share? I've got a 20 gal. LPS dominant setup with plenty of substrate and live rock for the Goby to call home. Only other fish are a pair of clowns and since the Flame Prawn will spend most of its time on the sandbed I don't anticipate any friction there. Plan was to pellet feed, but open to suggestions if something else would be better. Thanks for your feedback! Will certainly add some pics once he's acclimated to his new surroundings though I've heard these guys are hard to capture out of hiding.

1606947886314.png
Nice congrats! I’ve never kept one so I can’t comment on their care, but I’m looking forward to seeing how your experience goes. Good luck keep us posted!

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept them before and they are super cryptic little fish. I never saw them eat simply because I never saw them at all but they appeared healthy when I dismantled the tank. I had them in with zostera seahorses and they likely were happy taking the newly hatched baby brine shrimp. I think they will just eat any live food they come across rather than anything you add but hoping they aren't as secretive for you and you get to enjoy them more than I did.

They are super cool but unbelievably tiny. I have wondered numerous times how the divers actually find them.

Last edited:

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got about 4-5 in my 93 gallon cube. See two of them from time to time but they are hardy because some have been in there e years. they share a space with a pistol shrimp. Live with peaceful tank mates.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back