OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The printed dragon skulls look pretty awesome now that they're covered in coraline algae. Can't wait till the corals take over more.

PXL_20220924_181545952.MP.jpg

PXL_20220924_182025692.MP.jpg

The acros I added have started coloring up (though mostly green, probably because my phosphate is a little high), but they're encrusting and still have good PE. First time I've had any real growth of SPS in this tank, so that's exciting. Just had to dirty up the water more.

PXL_20220924_181841109.MP.jpg

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LPS and softie section looking nice, except my duncans which are staying closed for no reason.

PXL_20221001_190549743.MP.jpg

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're always begging for food!

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I've posted a full tank shot, so here's a new one. Just trimmed up the mangroves too.

PXL_20221022_145347324.MP.jpg

I found some rusty orange-red with blue center blastos. It's hard to find multiple frags of some of the rarer color morphs. (Also featuring my duncans, which are finally starting to think about reopening after weeks of being closed...)

PXL_20221022_145220564.MP.jpg

My SPS continues to do well! The tank I got the colonies from had very low nutrients and were very pale, so in my tank they immediately greened out, but after a couple weeks are starting to develop their other colors. Can't wait for them to fully color up.

PXL_20221022_145159742.MP.jpg

I suspect my filefish was eating my nudibranches and I thought he'd eaten them all as I hadn't seen any in months. As soon as I put him in the acclimation box, I started seeing them again! The other evening I saw three out and about. Amazing how they know, hopefully now they get to work!

PXL_20221019_013005999.MP.jpg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I've posted a full tank shot, so here's a new one. Just trimmed up the mangroves too.

PXL_20221022_145347324.MP.jpg

I found some rusty orange-red with blue center blastos. It's hard to find multiple frags of some of the rarer color morphs. (Also featuring my duncans, which are finally starting to think about reopening after weeks of being closed...)

PXL_20221022_145220564.MP.jpg

My SPS continues to do well! The tank I got the colonies from had very low nutrients and were very pale, so in my tank they immediately greened out, but after a couple weeks are starting to develop their other colors. Can't wait for them to fully color up.

PXL_20221022_145159742.MP.jpg

I suspect my filefish was eating my nudibranches and I thought he'd eaten them all as I hadn't seen any in months. As soon as I put him in the acclimation box, I started seeing them again! The other evening I saw three out and about. Amazing how they know, hopefully now they get to work!

PXL_20221019_013005999.MP.jpg
The tank looks awesome. I really can’t wait to see what this looks like in a year or two once all those rows of coral fill out and encrust the way you have envisioned them to do.
Interesting about the Berghias. I’m betting that mine were taken out by some of my fish before they ever got a chance to do their job or reproduce. In my case a filefish ended up taking care of the aiptasia so more Nudis weren’t necessary.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here! Sometimes I wish I had a time machine to jump ahead to when everything is grown in.

Lucky your filefish had a taste for Aiptasia, mine never even looked twice at it in my tank. :(

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here! Sometimes I wish I had a time machine to jump ahead to when everything is grown in.

Lucky your filefish had a taste for Aiptasia, mine never even looked twice at it in my tank. :(
It’s funny though, I still have two pretty good sized aiptasia that are visible. They have been there or a long time. The filefish never has touched them but it took out every other visible one in the tank within about a week of turning it loose. My sand bed was literally crawling with them. I’ve never seen another aiptasia pop up anywhere else in the tank and those two continue to exist. They either do not proliferate new ones or the filefish eats em before I can see them. I may or may not also have at least one peppermint shrimp in there helping, there should actually be three of them, but none have been sighted in months so who knows. My tank is so grown in that unless something comes out front and center to present itself you have no way of knowing what’s going on under there.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watanabes after dark. Viewer discretion advised.

My trio of watanabes are now regularly spawning (and providing great coral food to the tank). I'm still confused by the lack of aggression between the two males, but I don't judge. I'll have to look into what it takes to try and raise the fry.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally checking back on this thread, looking awesome man!!!! Got my 200 a couple months ago but still dry as im upgrading the sump and realized my old aquatic life fixture isnt compitable with the reefbreeders fixture i got . So selling those and waiting for black friday sales. Love the fish choices , i really wanted to do a pair of masked swallowtails but they have gone up 300% in price so might rethink that . It looks like everything is settling in nice though ,glad i found my way back to this build !!! You ever print anything for that gap between mesh top and top of overflow box?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah... don't think I'll be doing all that!
C’mon, how am I supposed to bum baby swallowtails off of you if you don’t do all that. Step it up, lol.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally checking back on this thread, looking awesome man!!!! Got my 200 a couple months ago but still dry as im upgrading the sump and realized my old aquatic life fixture isnt compitable with the reefbreeders fixture i got . So selling those and waiting for black friday sales. Love the fish choices , i really wanted to do a pair of masked swallowtails but they have gone up 300% in price so might rethink that . It looks like everything is settling in nice though ,glad i found my way back to this build !!! You ever print anything for that gap between mesh top and top of overflow box?

Thanks, and let me know when your tank is wet! I really like my lights.

Never did print anything for the overflow gap. Don't currently have any wrasses or other fish that like to jump. I'll need to remember to close that gap if I add some.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I thought were bad hitchhikers might actually be something worth keeping. It's a type of solitary hydroid that only lives on gorgonians, and unlike colonial hydroids doesn't seem to be super invasive.

PXL_20221030_210658337.MP.jpg

They don't seem to bug the gorgonians and pictures I see online of fully grown ones are pretty cool!

1667167542447.png

I'll have to keep an eye on them, hopefully they're the same type and get some color. I don't think they live long, but I've got two, maybe they'll spread (just not too fast).

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This article got my gears turning. I've got an idea for how to incorporate a tubular nori grazer to my auto feeder chute. :thinking-face:

Can't wait to see it. Based on your previous 3d printed solutions it should be pretty good.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back