OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of the new angelfish are finally pellet trained!

The bigger of the two picked it up after a couple days watching the other fish. It took much longer for the second for some reason, and I was starting to consider pulling her back to the QT tank so she'd eat more. Finally saw her eating pellets today, very relieved as she was getting a bit skinny.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for a purple montipora to go on the right side behind the pink branching cyphastrea and discovered the JF Midnight Montipora Hirsuta;

1679153303001.png

I love the growth pattern of montipora hirsuta, but their coloration is normally pretty bland.

Now I just need to find someone who can make me 3-4 nice frags.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh hey would you look at that 40% off frags at JasonFox this weekend, and they were willing to honor it on a custom order for some hirsuta frags and a few other goodies at some great prices :cool:

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20230322_001622232.MP.jpg

Look what showed up today!

Leng Sy Monti Cap
RRC Red Roses Monti Cap
JF Midnight Montipora Hirsuta

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's where the new stuff went;

PXL_20230325_212844638.MP.jpg

PXL_20230325_212815427.MP.jpg

Now that my phosphates are under control, my acros are really starting to color up. Maybe my pink Cadillacs will start growing faster, they seemed more impacted by the phosphate spike. Here's the Spainbow;

PXL_20230325_212905902.MP.jpg

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some purple fish in my tank!

Thinking about getting a pair of purple tilefish, or maybe a big group of purple firefish.

What's your favorite purple fish?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some purple fish in my tank!

Thinking about getting a pair of purple tilefish, or maybe a big group of purple firefish.

What's your favorite purple fish?
Can’t really go wrong with an Orchid Dottyback or a Black Cap Basslet for purple fish.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get Queen anthias.
I thought these were really hard to get eating? Pretty fish, but I was always under the impression they didn't adapt well to aquarium life.

Can’t really go wrong with an Orchid Dottyback or a Black Cap Basslet for purple fish.
I know you can keep social groups of Black Caps, but can you also keep groups of Orchid Dottybacks? If I go with a smaller fish I'd want to get a group of 4-6.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought these were really hard to get eating? Pretty fish, but I was always under the impression they didn't adapt well to aquarium life.

I know you can keep social groups of Black Caps, but can you also keep groups of Orchid Dottybacks? If I go with a smaller fish I'd want to get a group of 4-6.
This I don’t know. I had a pair of them in a 100 gal tank for about a day way back in about 2007. The next day there was only one. I might be more inclined to the black caps if you can’t get any positive feedback about the Orchids. The Orchids would be cool in a group if you could swing it though.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I just looked them up, that’s not a bad price. Way better than the ones I had been looking at.

They have a good deal on the bundle for the Delta 2 + Delta 2 Extra Battery right now. I'll be using this to run a few other PC/networking essentials, so it was well worth it for double the run time.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a good deal on the bundle for the Delta 2 + Delta 2 Extra Battery right now. I'll be using this to run a few other PC/networking essentials, so it was well worth it for double the run time.
I wish my pc stuff was in the same room, I’d do the same. I’ll check out the one with the extra battery though. Can’t hurt to have a longer run time.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back