Grow a full tank of only one Coral

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got starfish I hope
Too many and extra we are moving to the sump for back up supply and we have some in our other tank. We hope to keep him eating for a while! Woke up this morning and the whole tank had star fish at the top of the glass! They must have sacred “run” the harlequin is here!

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg C ultimate efflo
Greg Carol's Ultimate Eflo 8.JPG

pasquale petrovia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one head of zenia and like magic I had a whole 225 gallon tank of it in no Time at all. I would have preferred the Walt Disney Acro tank LOL

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be either 1) Milka stylo --- nice movement and great structure, or 2) staghorn of some type. The fish seem to like being in the coral and it looks awesome.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be either 1) Milka stylo --- nice movement and great structure, or 2) staghorn of some type. The fish seem to like being in the coral and it looks awesome.
Yes I've noticed chromas love being in the Stag's

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Species specific displays, done right, can be beautiful. There used to be a shop in St. Louis that had a branching hammer, all by itself, no live rock, just sand, and this giant, twisting, hammer... probably more than a hundred heads. A school of anthius were the only fishes, in a 36" square tank, fairly low. Beautiful.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Species specific displays, done right, can be beautiful. There used to be a shop in St. Louis that had a branching hammer, all by itself, no live rock, just sand, and this giant, twisting, hammer... probably more than a hundred heads. A school of anthius were the only fishes, in a 36" square tank, fairly low. Beautiful.
Sounds like living art

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a couple xenia-only tanks (or xenia-dominated) and they're actually pretty neat. I've just never had great luck wit the stuff, and I'm sure it'd just melt on me at some point.

All-anemone tanks can be pretty neat too. I think BRS has a big one set up.

I think Montipora Spongodes, Confusa, or elkhorn monti could be interesting - bunch of different growth forms.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little upset with you all for not mentioning chalices yet!

I love the WWC jellybean or my WWC space invader
IMG_20200522_184914.jpg

Nice! You got me thinking about a tank with Raja Rampage as the centerpiece. Another neat idea would be an efflo-only tank.

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a 60g cube once with a huge birdsnest and a school of Chromis. That was pretty awesome.

For me I would probably do an SPS that was more exciting than a birdnest. A Millepora might be fun

Back