Grow a full tank of only one Coral

Brandon103095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it grow from a frag? I’m just trying to get an idea of the growth rate haha
i got mine and it was already pretty large haha. it was also slightly damaged and loosing zooxanthellae, its been on the road to recovery since and is gaining that back. the growth is kind of minimal but i think its because its recovering its zooxanthellae

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, a literal tank full of Green Slimer would look nice as far as a single species showcase. With very small fish weaving in and out of the branches. Plus it would look great under blues
Oh yeah that be a glowing garden.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, a literal tank full of Green Slimer would look nice as far as a single species showcase. With very small fish weaving in and out of the branches. Plus it would look great under blues

Agreed. This also reminds me of Leonardo’s Formosa Forest.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice looking green hair algae cuz its the easiest to grow and care for. And are we saying one type of coral or one coral variation. Like one bam bam zoa covering the whole tank hahaha. I'd do acans if we can have multiple types or a super colorful zoa if its one type lol.

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was thinking the same thing! I would do a black bare bottom (and sides) to allow me to maximize flow and really let the color of the coral stand out.

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so many choice.. I am pushing for a purple sea fan Gogonian.. I have a double that is about 5 inches.. Not a fast grower for me yet.. but working on it. sea fan? sea whip? well it is photosynthetic.. so I dont have to feed it every day.

purple whip gorg.jpg

An alternative for me would be Zoas.. a combination of Tubbs Blues and Utter Chaos.

Last edited:

Adam H Sherman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn’t intentional but living in a remote area using well water (the well couldn’t push water through my RO filter) created a haven for Euphyllia in a 150g tank. In these pics it’s about 22 years old. I’ve since given most of it away and moved what I kept to a mixed red 40g.

77F8F03C-0E50-49EE-9F28-40D0F6BED6F9.jpeg

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have a small patch of GSP and some Gorgs, my idea was to have a full tank of SPS. Not the OPs idea of just 1 kind, but I've restricted it to only 5.
I was going for huge colonies of a small number of critters VS a huge number of frags eventually becoming a large mess of coral warfare.

P5210386.JPG

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn’t intentional but living in a remote area using well water (the well couldn’t push water through my RO filter) created a haven for Euphyllia in a 150g tank. In these pics it’s about 22 years old. I’ve since given most of it away and moved what I kept to a mixed red 40g.

Even with an assist pump it couldn't push it through? Maybe a few sediment filters up front .. or or.. well.. just thinking.

Adam H Sherman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably would have worked but... we owned a restaurant at the time working 7 days a week for 11 years (about 5, maybe 7 full days off per year) I took the easy way out. All fish and the coral are still alive. The Euphyllia is about 25 years old, the Maroon 23, Flame and Trigger 18. Not bad.
We’ve moved to a city and downsized big time. Here’s the Maroon, Flame and Euphyllia I kept in their new home.

9EF8614B-82A5-4B4B-99D1-5D206EE5B924.jpeg

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Now that's a tank f

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back