Growing Plants w/ Grow Light Alongside Fluval 13.5 ???

borrowedthemoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

TWO QUESTIONS
i. Anyone’s expert opinion on whether or not keeping a plant grow light in the same room as my aquarium is okay?
ii. Also, could this artificial sun be the dominant factor in causing my excess algae growth?

I have a quite young (6 weeks?) fluval evo 13.5 reef tank with 4 different frags, 2 benggai cardinals, LTA, emerald crab, snails.

I ALSO have a forest in my bedroom, in which I use a 6000K 100w grow lamp.
(This one

Blinds closed, my plants only receive “direct” light artificially.

If anyone has experience with my dual hobby situation, I would love to hear from you! Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!

593DB199-FB09-4048-AF4C-6594294D999B.jpeg 7F39D29E-697E-4C00-BAA1-6649D9B8068B.jpeg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend having plant lights and aquarium lights in the same room. They will interfere with each others schedules.

I use grow lights throughout my house because there is such poor natural lighting. But none of those plants with grow lights are in the room with my tanks.

OP
OP
borrowedthemoon

borrowedthemoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend having plant lights and aquarium lights in the same room. They will interfere with each others schedules.

I use grow lights throughout my house because there is such poor natural lighting. But none of those plants with grow lights are in the room with my tanks.
Thank you for the input. Guess ill be relocating my forest… boo!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back