GSP not opening and some weird worm "tunnels" in it's mat

Jackmot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!
So, I have a frag of a GSP in a nano tank that was growing and opening beautifully until 3 days ago that started to open less and less each day. Today it didn't opened at all.
My parameters seem good enough and my other corals seem to be doing great and even reproducing (One of my mushrooms just reproduced by pedal laceration).
I've noticed some weird tunnel-like stuff in the mat that I've been trying to blow off but they are difficult to get rid off. A short time ago I saw one of these things in my glass (they appear anywhere, even on rocks) and managed to get a photo. I discovered that there are actually worms living inside these for a short time and then they abandon it.
Could this be the reason the GSP is not opening?
Could anyone help me with an ID of these guys?
PS: It's probably important to mention that I'm battling with ghost flatworms and some dorvilleidae worms

Pulsing Xenia
Mushroom Corals
Green Star Polyps
3 Mexican Turbos
A bit of chateo in the sump

Salinity: 1.024 - 1.025
Kh: 8.0dKh (Salifert test kit)
Ph: 8.0 (API test kit)
Phosphate: approx 0.015ppm (Salifert test kit)
Nitrate: 20ppm (API test kit)
Temp: 24.5 - 25.0ºc

IMG_20210814_165957.jpg IMG_20211017_123621.jpg IMG_20211017_123700.jpg IMG_20211017_123810.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Occasionally GSP will just close up as an invitation for your cleaning crew to "get to work". I probably wouldn't worry about it too much, as along with cockroaches GSP is probably one of the few things to survive the apocalypse.

OP
OP
J

Jackmot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Occasionally GSP will just close up as an invitation for your cleaning crew to "get to work". I probably wouldn't worry about it too much, as along with cockroaches GSP is probably one of the few things to survive the apocalypse.
Got it! Thanks!! :)
It's not the first time my GSP closes mysteriously but it is the first time this happens in the course of several days so I just wanted to be sure haha

When I read about the cockroaches I just started laughing and nobody around understood why

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back