GSP slow to wake up with wave generator

Ebbott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a wave generator because I read that GSP likes higher flow (and that it helps keep Diatoms in check). I don't have it blasting my GSP, but it keeps it moving.

Since I put the generator this weekend, the GSP seems very slow to come out. Usually its out by 8-8:30 (links start turning up slowly at 7). When I timed it yesterday, it wasn't full out till 10.

Is this something to worry about? Am I over thinking this?

Thanks

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gsp is a weird coral. Mine closed up several months at one point and stopped growing. Then one day it came back and has never looked better. If you look enough, you'll find plenty of stories just like this.

OP
OP
E

Ebbott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gsp is a weird coral. Mine closed up several months at one point and stopped growing. Then one day it came back and has never looked better. If you look enough, you'll find plenty of stories just like this.
cool, good to know. Would hate to throw it away just cause I THINK its dead!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine didn't grow for 6 months and now it's taking over my tank like the rona

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
GSP is a very very easy coral to grow.

Yes, they low very high flow.....but over the coral and not into it. That's the trick.

OP
OP
E

Ebbott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP is a very very easy coral to grow.

Yes, they low very high flow.....but over the coral and not into it. That's the trick.
Yep, its a small tank, but i don't have it taking the wave head on. its just pointed in its general direction.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. I have a piece that for some reason closed for maybe 2 years after I got it. I was lazy so didn't try to figure it out. Then I doubled my Kessil lights over it and voila, it's out and happy.

OP
OP
E

Ebbott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. I have a piece that for some reason closed for maybe 2 years after I got it. I was lazy so didn't try to figure it out. Then I doubled my Kessil lights over it and voila, it's out and happy.

hmmm...it makes me wonder it my light program is off.

for my "day" period (six hours) its:
100% blue
80%: Cyan and purple
15% white
10% red

Back