Guess what I bought[emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

midnightclown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I bought a 6 year old 125gal tank.

Fish:
blue regal
3 stripe damsels
2 talbot damsels
Pajama cardinal
Yellow tang
Sailfin tang
Kabong damsel
Blue throat trigger
Designer clowns I don't remember the name
Dusky wrasse

Corals:
Many different zoas
Many leathers
Mushrooms
A bunch more

Sump:
40 gal oceanic

Skimmer: coralife

Tank: oceanic 125gal

Lights: 3 mars aqua

Jebo ATO

I'm so excited. I have my lfs moving it for me. From the house it's at now to my house which is an hour away. I'm so excited for Friday [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5][emoji5] got this tank super cheap I'm surprised. Definitely a lucky find. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
c962f1d2c05b29317a412183773f5cca.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are going to need pics! Strictly for the sake of science...:)

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!!! Beautiful tank!! I would suggest getting with previous owner and finding out their dosing schedule and what salt, additives, etc., they were using so you don't upset any of the inhabitants and then slowly (if you're going to...) change to whatever you would like to use.

OP
OP
midnightclown

midnightclown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!!! Beautiful tank!! I would suggest getting with previous owner and finding out their dosing schedule and what salt, additives, etc., they were using so you don't upset any of the inhabitants and then slowly (if you're going to...) change to whatever you would like to use.

Thanks so much I love it. And That's what they told me. I'm writing everything down on Friday while my lfs moves the tank and everything in it. I told them about the salt I use and what I dose and they said that was fine. About almost the same as them so we will see if I have to write down anything else. But I'm super excited basically one more day and it will be in my home. [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

OP
OP
midnightclown

midnightclown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice find!!!!! I'm super jealous.

Thanks. And I'll let you clean the glass just once lol joking [emoji39] well only if you want to lol but I'm super lucky to have found this tank I was just about to purchase a 125 gal tank by its self well with a stand also but I'd have to put so much more money into it to start from scratch. So lucky. I'll post pictures so you can feel like ur in front of it lol [emoji847][emoji847]

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some random things: 1.) get new live sand and toss old sand 2.)pick up a bottle of bacteria and add it when you get the livestock back in to help with any mini cycle 3.) clean all debris/ detritus out of the sump before setting up 4.) keep in mind that the trigger will eat invertebrates and you may be limited with what you can add with him 5.) try to use at least 50% of the current water or acclimate the livestock appropriately

londonloco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some random things: 1.) get new live sand and toss old sand 2.)pick up a bottle of bacteria and add it when you get the livestock back in to help with any mini cycle 3.) clean all debris/ detritus out of the sump before setting up 4.) keep in mind that the trigger will eat invertebrates and you may be limited with what you can add with him 5.) try to use at least 50% of the current water or acclimate the livestock appropriately

Great advice, I just "upgraded" from a 36" to a 48" tank three weeks ago and did all of the above, so far so good haven't lost anything.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back