Guide on fragging Zoanthids inside the tank?

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a good video of someone fragging zoas and palys inside the tank. The way I did the rock-work, i can't get the rock out that they are on. If they release their toxins, will it crash the tank?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a good video of someone fragging zoas and palys inside the tank. The way I did the rock-work, i can't get the rock out that they are on. If they release their toxins, will it crash the tank?
I would go with no it would not crash the tank. Personally I would either scrape the zoa off or cut at base I’ve cut all my zoas at base and have been fine!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a video for you but some advice. Bone cutters are the best way which you can get a nice pair for <$20 easily.

Get the zoas to close up, or do it after lights out when they close naturally. Find a bump on the rock somewhere with zoas on it that you can snip off. Or perhaps use the bone cutters to snip off the original plug or whatever you glued them down on.

Toxins are truly nothing to worry about in the water. It's cutting them out of the water when they are dangerous because they can squirt when you cut. Also palytoxins are from palys not zoas. And if your worried about it just being in your water, then after cutting them would not be a bad time to change your carbon which would be more than sufficient.

Blizzahjh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure if bonecutters are the same thing as hand held garden pruning shears but thats what i use and it cuts through rock like butter.

Something like below, i like the curved ones.
61X-glfjACL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back