Guidelines for posting experiments/research threads in this forum.

REEF2REEF

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the new Reef Hobbyist Experiments and Research Forum. Over time, several members have designed and completed experiments - which have been scattered throughout Reef2Reef. This forum will allow everyone to quickly find, read, review and comment on research being done on the reefing hobby.

1. If you have done an experiment previously, and want it moved to this forum, you may contact a staff member to have it moved here. Alternatively, if you would like to simply post a summary thread about your experiment, please follow these guidelines:

START A NEW THREAD WITH:
A. The title of the experiment
B. Your hypothesis (FOR EXAMPLE: I think Nitrifying bacteria are killed by too much flow, etc etc)
C. Brief Description of the experiment (the exact protocol/plan can be in subsequent posts)
D. Any other background information (FOR EXAMPLE: I had a problem with my tank with my cycle and I fixed it by changing the flow), why you wanted to do it, etc etc.
E. THEN - COPY A LINK TO YOUR THREAD
F. And the end - write a results and conclusion summary. When you have completed your experiment - you will receive a "R2R Research" badge (simply notify @Daniel@R2R to receive your badge).

2. If you are proposing to do a new experiment of any type, please use the following template in the first post of the thread:

START A NEW THREAD WITH:
A. The title of the experiment
B. Your hypothesis (FOR EXAMPLE: I think Nitrifying bacteria are killed by too much flow, etc etc)
C. Brief Description of the experiment (the exact protocol/plan can be in subsequent posts)
D. Any other background information (FOR EXAMPLE: I had a problem with my tank with my cycle and I fixed it by changing the flow), why you wanted to do it, etc etc.

After this - If possible - post your design/plan - and invite comments - expect some agreement and some constructive criticism then you can make your own decision about how exactly to perform the tests. Do the experiment with updates with pictures if possible.

And the end - write a results and conclusion summary. When you have completed your experiment - you will receive a "R2R Research" badge (simply notify @Daniel@R2R to receive your badge).

nat1881

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It take over year to grow that big

Attachments

• E8C0AD18-C022-4856-A989-A6BEB75684A5.jpeg
    E8C0AD18-C022-4856-A989-A6BEB75684A5.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 42
  • BFE6B856-2C55-4C05-A499-B2AF132CD940.jpeg
    BFE6B856-2C55-4C05-A499-B2AF132CD940.jpeg