Gus’s 40 Fusion Reboot

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Gus. I've been in the Reef hobby for about 10yrs and freshwater aquariums since I was a kid.
I discovered aquarium forums back in 2013 and I've been lurking around r2r for quite sometime now, figured I'd introduced my self. My girlfriend and I just set up a new 40gal Visio, measures 36L 15W 17T
We sanded and stained the stand, did the plumbing, had a friend weld an L shaped light stand for us, and plan on making one great Softy/LPS tank out of it. I'm currently running my old AI nano over it, and plan on setting up a GFO reactor soon. Anyway ill skip to the pictures.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DonTavo27

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks kschweer, melypr1985.

Here's a shot of the sump currently running. About to do some salt creep cleaning and a small 5g water change. I'm currently running an old IM aquagadget skimmer, but plan on maybe getting the tunze 9004 as my livestock grows and my tank matures, any advice or experience with the 9004 appreciated.

image.jpg

OP
OP
DonTavo27

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @kireek, we decided to go with an antique white along with a satin finish to complement the antique stain. I'm defenitly happy with the way we set up the branch specially since it only took us an hour lol, it certinly has many openings for water to flow through. we might still move a rock or two.
Thanks @TUSI I can defenitly see that you guys have a great community here! Glad to be a part of it.

OP
OP
DonTavo27

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick little update on the tank!
Set up our control panel this weekend along with organizing/zip tying all the cables. Got an IM mid size reactor with ROWA running, set up dosing pump. We also picked up some great deals on some nice frags.
Also in the market for some Latin Lovers zoas, so if any members in SoCal have some healthy frags please PM us.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back