Guys I need help identifying what this is on my torches frag.

LAreefdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last night I found something strange on my torches plug. It’s been in quarantine for 3 weeks. I turned on my flash light to look at the tank to see if they’re were any critters or hitchhikers in the tank. I saw redish pinkish mucus substance just blobbed next to the corals base. Is this poop? Or the torches guts? Here is a picture. Please help identify.

3C6F8EFD-4D28-4A00-8CA4-70ED0C44A296.jpeg

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t really see the mucous blob well but if you observe it moving or being in different positions. I suspect flatworm. Euphyillia Eating Flatworm (EEFW). A easy way for me to test if its a flatworm is to take the coral out and carefully squirt some freshwater on the glob. If it squirms, its a flatworm.

OP
OP
LAreefdude

LAreefdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t really see the mucous blob well but if you observe it moving or being in different positions. I suspect flatworm. Euphyillia Eating Flatworm (EEFW). A easy way for me to test if its a flatworm is to take the coral out and carefully squirt some freshwater on the glob. If it squirms, its a flatworm.
I recently did a dip with Coral RX would that have shown if it were flat worms?

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find Coral RX to not kill most of the nasty stuff such as flatworms, red bugs, etc. The RO method suggested above is a good call just make sure to do it outside the tank. Sometimes poking and prodding things makes it way worse such as aiptasia. Hopefully that is just some cyano or dino.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently did a dip with Coral RX would that have shown if it were flat worms?
I personally have never used Coral RX dips as it is not readily available where I am from. I normally use Revive and Brightwells Coral Dip, which I know is definitely useless against flatworms, nudis. So normally, I would use the freshwater method to get rid of them. But be mindful, freshwater irritates corals and if yours happen to already be in poor health and stressed out, FW may aggravate it further.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find Coral RX to not kill most of the nasty stuff such as flatworms, red bugs, etc. The RO method suggested above is a good call just make sure to do it outside the tank. Sometimes poking and prodding things makes it way worse such as aiptasia. Hopefully that is just some cyano or dino.
I agree, especially for aiptasia and flatworms....if any part breaks off or remains it will only proliferate further.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back