Gyre XF350 stopping - shaft off center?

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning from Alabama!
I have a 210 gallon reef with 2 XF350 Gyres. I was overdue for cleaning and one had stopped spinning, so I took both out to clean them. I found one of the tiny snails that came from reef cleaners had lodged in the propeller, so I removed it. I assembled everything again (while watching the Coralvue video so I didn’t install things backwards) and noticed the shaft seemed off center on the green end. I put it back together, thinking the cage bushing would keep it centered and maybe I hadn’t noticed that’s the way it was supposed to be. While reassembling, I found what looks like a tiny bushing, but didn’t see anywhere it may go and didn’t see it in the Coralvue video. Also, the propeller end piece didn’t “snap” like the video said it would when in place, not sure if that’s common or not, but I didn’t want to get tools out to force something and have it break. Any thoughts? I replaced the cage bushings on both ends during cleaning, FYI. Any ideas on how to correct this would be appreciated. Thanks!

E68F09CC-FFD4-4512-BFF5-A8DFA43BB1B0.jpeg 6EF29BA7-D02A-46FE-9BA1-FFF541D2AC6F.jpeg

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I had the same issue. Their video don’t really help. So what I did is but both cages back on green impeller to green shaft and red impeller to red shaft then put the cages back on. The ends might pop off just put back on. The pop off when the shaft goes into the end and not aligned correctly and pushes the white bushing out. Just replace and do same thing on other side. Then you should be good to go. Let me know if that helps.

OP
OP
ShepherdTech

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunately, I found where the bushing went, when the other bushing fell out of the shaft. Sure would be nice to have that noted in instructions and/or tutorials. Seems to be working now, but one piece is worn on the side. Bushing goes in the inside of the barrel Indention.

0969130A-C3D2-44A5-BD37-A02CE247C042.jpeg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back