H2O2 dosing

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also dont forget that a lot of samples from members tanks also had spirulina within the cylindrospermum bacteria

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also dont forget that a lot of samples from members tanks also had spirulina within the cylindrospermum bacteria
I will keep that in mind. Kinda why I wanted to know what to expect so I know if I am dealing with more than 1 species. Well, of the red slimy stuff. Plenty of species of the green hairy stuff, too! :eek:

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic, thanks.

Have you ever thought of doing a write up on this, or doing a video interview? Your pretty good at this stuff! :p
Trust me I have been contacted a LOT from people who want me to write about this but I hold back due to copyright, intellectual property protection procedures.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me I have been contacted a LOT from people who want me to write about this but I hold back due to copyright, intellectual property protection procedures.
Two many P's for me
But u are the best

jamesbog283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes although bubble algae is a little more difficult as the bubble wall is so dense.

I've had my tank running since sept. I've had no real problems with alge until about a week ago I've started seeing all 3. I got a new larger tank for Christmas that I plan to have set up in the month or 2 but would really like to not transfer this stuff into it. Would dosing my tank now be wise? Also I have Cheato and red macro alge in my refugium if I dose the tank will I kill the stuff I want to have?

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank dosing take quite a bit more time and larger amounts. It is best if you can treat the rocks/equipment directly.
Also no I have not seen it to be detrimental to larger macros due to density.

itisjp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi twilliard, been reading your work on cyano and thanks so much for all your work. I identified the normal red stuff with your test. Not much pinkish water but it turned green after several hours. Going to start H2O2 dosing. I can’t do the day night cycle unfortunately. What I can do is dose at 6AM and 6PM for 14 days. Which is 6 hours dark and 6 hours light @6AM and the reverse at the 6PM dose. 280 gallon total water volume so 28milileters every 12 hours? Think that will work and just dump it in the sump all at once? Any advisor is much appreciated... thanks again for all your work.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back