Had to go to the hospital because of a clown fish, how embarrassing.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another reason why clowns are dirty, dumb and retarded fish...
Absolutely hate em!

Only some (most) are aggressive lol. If you hand feed them they learn to not bite you haha. Mine are really fun to watch and I'm glad I have them. Agree they are dumb though, they swim into the highest current areas and can barely move but try and stay there. Mine even sleep partially out of the water sometimes. They'll sleep floating sideways at the top like they're dead but they keep swimming. It's pretty funny

OP
OP
2Wheelsonly

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only some (most) are aggressive lol. If you hand feed them they learn to not bite you haha. Mine are really fun to watch and I'm glad I have them. Agree they are dumb though, they swim into the highest current areas and can barely move but try and stay there. Mine even sleep partially out of the water sometimes. They'll sleep floating sideways at the top like they're dead but they keep swimming. It's pretty funny

Ahh, I thought mine were the only ones that do that...they sleep so close to the powerhead and it looks like they are barely able to withstand the flow before getting sucked against the side. During the day they swim around the back corner of the tank.

Odd things.

Slarti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another reason why clowns are dirty, dumb and retarded fish...
Absolutely hate em!

Hahaha...why don't you tell us what you really think about them!

Mine 'developed' some fin issue a while ago and I said is she dies it will not be the end of the world...of course she survived and just got bigger and a little nastier, like she knew I did not care that much about her. That said she has turned into a beautiful fish and I secretly like her...just don't tell her that!

Vince57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing my typical Sunday coralline scrape on my tank and was leaned over trying to reach the side walls. I usually have to stretch really far on the step ladder to get the corners and end up usually looking directly in the tank.

For the first time ever, one of my orange clowns got aggressive and kept going after my hand. I lost track of him and he decided to shoot up out of the water and nipped me right in my eye and managed to actually cause damage to my cornea. He must have jumped about 10 inches out of the water to hit me in the eye; and I had no idea that could ever happen. Luckily I was told it will heal but my vision is currently blurry.

I don't want to remove the little guy from the tank as he was just defending himself; I guess the next time I clean the tank i'm going to wear rubber arm gloves and acrylic glasses. :)

I feels silly to wear armor against a clown fish. I had NO idea these things can be aggressive like that.
Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely will protect myself. I knew, clowns could be a bit nippy, but to be down right assassins, brings a whole new meaning to clownfish.

CarCrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch. I am sorry you got that hurt. Clownfish can be quite vicious. I did not have them for some time, but now I have four pairs and one spare (lost his mate). Even they can be a real pain, I love them.

You should start a safety line of gear for aquatics people called clown armour. :)
Stealing the clown armor idea!! Just contacted some clown in china that's going to hook me up!

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I thought my flurry clown was bad with attacking me when ever i am near the tank but never left the water to attack me lol. He might be trying to take you out for putting him in this 'cage' lol

leicaguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a patient bitten in his privates by a snake (while peeing,) and I thought that was awful BUT an eye bitten by a clown fish! wow, the amount of bacteria, the antibiotic coverage and the pain the poor person must have experienced is unbelievable , did he have a corneal graft? can he see? any infections I genuinely feel very sorry for them, but I did enjoy the comment about the clowns!

CarCrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing my typical Sunday coralline scrape on my tank and was leaned over trying to reach the side walls. I usually have to stretch really far on the step ladder to get the corners and end up usually looking directly in the tank.

For the first time ever, one of my orange clowns got aggressive and kept going after my hand. I lost track of him and he decided to shoot up out of the water and nipped me right in my eye and managed to actually cause damage to my cornea. He must have jumped about 10 inches out of the water to hit me in the eye; and I had no idea that could ever happen. Luckily I was told it will heal but my vision is currently blurry.

I don't want to remove the little guy from the tank as he was just defending himself; I guess the next time I clean the tank i'm going to wear rubber arm gloves and acrylic glasses. :)

I feels silly to wear armor against a clown fish. I had NO idea these things can be aggressive like that.
Hope you are recovering, glad it was not too serious. I will be wearing all my proper PPE when cleaning my tank. Get well soon.

CarCrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Time to clean the fish tank..."

Y0UN7mO.jpg
Just about died. LoL

reefnut007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW...speedy recovery man! Sorry to hear that...but just a couple of days ago I bought two standard clowns (not maroon) and one foxface (its my first SW tank)...not sure I did the right thing after what I have heard here :(

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female White Wyoming used to nip at my hand. Turn the tables and chased her, then hand fed her, she's now behaving like a well trained dog. No more anxious fish.

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'd like to see now is a clownfish with a scar and knife photoshopped onto em.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back