Had to go to the hospital because of a clown fish, how embarrassing.

Wbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are jerks, as well. One of the would jump out of the water to bite my hands, and on several occasions would jump out of the tank to try and bite me as I was near the tank...
Beautiful, but nasty, little fish...

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look deeply into my eyes - trust me . . .
IMG_0877.JPG

CenlaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother had a vicious oscellaris clown. I still have a scar on my hand from it. A fish like that makes getting your hands in the tank an unpleasant experience. He got rid of it. I do not care if such a fish is trying to defend itself. Such a fish has to go!

His new clownfish bonds with the owner and will swim in your hand.

zieg9479

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You SEE, EYE could never enVISION my clowns doing that. If they did, they would surely get eye lashing from me. My tank is a cornea-copia of fish and usually by blenny is the most aggressive towards me. You can't turn away from him let alone BLINK. What kind of tank do you have? I heard cleaning acrylic is more work than glass-es. Where were you cleaning? Up high? Oh, you said clown low.

You should have ask your friend to LENS their hands next time.

Oh man, this websight has crazy stories

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You SEE, EYE could never enVISION my clowns doing that. If they did, they would surely get eye lashing from me. My tank is a cornea-copia of fish and usually by blenny is the most aggressive towards me. You can't turn away from him let alone BLINK. What kind of tank do you have? I heard cleaning acrylic is more work than glass-es. Where were you cleaning? Up high? Oh, you said clown low.

You should have ask your friend to LENS their hands next time.

Oh man, this websight has crazy stories
lol

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing my typical Sunday coralline scrape on my tank and was leaned over trying to reach the side walls. I usually have to stretch really far on the step ladder to get the corners and end up usually looking directly in the tank.

For the first time ever, one of my orange clowns got aggressive and kept going after my hand. I lost track of him and he decided to shoot up out of the water and nipped me right in my eye and managed to actually cause damage to my cornea. He must have jumped about 10 inches out of the water to hit me in the eye; and I had no idea that could ever happen. Luckily I was told it will heal but my vision is currently blurry.

I don't want to remove the little guy from the tank as he was just defending himself; I guess the next time I clean the tank i'm going to wear rubber arm gloves and acrylic glasses. :)

I feels silly to wear armor against a clown fish. I had NO idea these things can be aggressive like that.
What kind of clown?

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Posts like this make you think twice about that "cute little spunky fish that thinks it can scare me".
Hope you heal quickly!
I would name that clown "It" or "Pennywise".
Maybe he is amped up about the new Stephen King remake that is about to be released.

Jokes_0.jpg

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a problem with clowns but currently I have two yellow tail damsels that attack my arms every time. Scared the crap out of me the first time they attacked. Felt like a small electrical shock. My black percula clowns have been hand fed since I got them.

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch!! That's insane! I can't imagine that would ever happen twice! I've had 2 clowns for 7 years and they have never shown aggression towards me or even come to the top of the tank, they hide in their rock, barely leave that area at all. The only time they chase another fish is if that fish goes into their space, but for some reason, my Banggai Cardinal is allowed to hang out there, they totally ignore him.

I always wear gloves when working in the tank, but I've had my hand right on their rock, wiping hair algae off and they just hide from me.
Hope you're seeing better soon!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back