Haddoni and Prazipro, share your opinions and experience

David M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a beautiful small red S. Haddoni and thus far it's been flourishing. In my tank I'm suspecting flukes due to two of my fishes behaviors. I have read in many cases there are no ill effects of Prazi DT treatment + anemones, though one case mentioned potential bleaching. I'd like opinions and experiences from the community surrounding this.

To answer the inevitable and reasonable question up front, "Why dont you remove and hospital tank?"
1. I don't want to stress the fish/coral further by tearing apart the tank (lots of rocks to hide in) to catch the two fish in question
2. I would like to treat the tank as a whole to eradicate parasites from non-symptomatic fish

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used Prazi a couple times in the past with sensitive corals and nems present. No long term problems, but as I recall, the nems weren't as robust as they usually were and my torches were a little stringy during treatment

SaltTank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read somewhere that PraziPro can kill copepods .... has anyone heard/seen any truth to that?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back