Hair algae + algae on glass

joshuashih1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of hair algae as well as algae on the glass. The issue wirh the glass algae is it’s really on there even my magnetic scraper can’t get it off unless I go back and forth on the same spot for over 10 min straight please look at my photo and give recommendations. I understand Ultimately it’s a chemical balance issue but I want to build a cleanup crew that can visually clean it immediately after that I will monitor the chemical balance in my tank and maintain a good and healthy one. Might think it’s 20 gallons please give me recommendations I already have one emerald crab and one snail that goes on the glass and one hermit crab but it’s definitely not able to overcome as you can see from the picture

F5D546AB-2019-41C2-94A1-12D4C7283AA1.jpeg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with a good CUC, they won't eat algae if it's too long. You need to get in there and manually pull/scrape as much as you can, then some Turbo snails will mow down the rest.

FYI, cleaning your glass is something you should be doing every few days. If you stay on top of it, it won't get to the point where you can't clean it off.

I also noticed brown stringy stuff, with the air bubbles on your rocks. It's hard to say for sure from this pic, but you might have Dinos as well. Again, I could be wrong, but more pics could help.

OP
OP
J

joshuashih1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with a good CUC, they won't eat algae if it's too long. You need to get in there and manually pull/scrape as much as you can, then some Turbo snails will mow down the rest.

FYI, cleaning your glass is something you should be doing every few days. If you stay on top of it, it won't get to the point where you can't clean it off.

I also noticed brown stringy stuff, with the air bubbles on your rocks. It's hard to say for sure from this pic, but you might have Dinos as well. Again, I could be wrong, but more pics could help.
image.jpg
image.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back