Hair algae growing on a few caulerpa blades

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding caulerpa prolifera. I have a 40 breeder with my sand bed completely covered by caulerpa, but there is regions that of it (more like a few blades) that die off and get covered in hair algae. Any ways to prevent this? Or stuff that eats the hair algae that forms? I manually remove the blades that do so, and get new growth on a daily basis, but I was wondering if there is something that would eat the hair algae but not deforest my caulerpa prolifera carpet lol. My lawnmower blenny that I got when was it was really tiny seems to pick at the hair algae and has gotten massive (AND FAT) but doesn’t exactly clear all the hair algae. Any other fish that do a similar task? I was thinking of trying to pair with a second lawnmower but pairing and sexing them seems hard lol, and I don’t want to set up two fish to fail

Attachments

• IMG_1157.MOV
    19.4 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can’t open video but reduce white light intensity and add a few turbo and astrea snails to assist with removal. You can also carefully remove by hand

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't open the video either but I would lower the light intensity/amount of time you are running the white light and see how well that works for you

Back