Hair Algae on Pipe Organ Removal

Starfishandseahorse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya everyone!

Quick question. My tank is doing great and my algae is under control nicely except for one holdout. My pipe organ is covered in green hair algae and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how on Earth to remove it all. Every few days I pull off as much as I can but it is insidious and the rock is covered in the little holes that the Pipe grows in. My coral is hanging in there, but barely. It used to be covered in polyps and now there are only a few stragglers clinging to life as they get suffocated by the algae. I can't manually remove it, so I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion that I can do that won't harm the coral.

Thanks in advance!! :)

1647474538471.png
1647474492553.png

Macroalgae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya everyone!

Quick question. My tank is doing great and my algae is under control nicely except for one holdout. My pipe organ is covered in green hair algae and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how on Earth to remove it all. Every few days I pull off as much as I can but it is insidious and the rock is covered in the little holes that the Pipe grows in. My coral is hanging in there, but barely. It used to be covered in polyps and now there are only a few stragglers clinging to life as they get suffocated by the algae. I can't manually remove it, so I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion that I can do that won't harm the coral.

Thanks in advance!! :)

1647474538471.png
1647474492553.png
In desperate times like that, I suggest a lawnmower blenny or turbo snail. Your mileage may vary with either, but it's better than picking it off manually.

You may also want to consider using macroalgae to starve out the GHA. What are your tank numbers?

Back