Hair algae

Discussion in 'Among The Reef' started by Brandonsegula, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula Well-Known Member

I’m getting a little hair algae on one of my rocks and my gyre has quite a bit on it. I’ve never had this problem ever. Idk why all of a sudden i has occurred. Phosophates are testing at 0-0.02 and nitrates are almost non existent. I’m stumped. Please help!!

Tags:

2. twilliard

twilliard Winter break! well on my way to being an I.T. PRO R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad

Do you have a picture by chance?

3. Ocean Lotion

Ocean Lotion Well-Known Member

HA can live on dirt. Low nuetrients, low light, low po4, low nitrate - does not matter. You need to kill it now while not an infestation or latter when it gets out of control. Some people say they had luck with Vibrant, I did not. Fluonazole will kill it and nothing else in your tank. If positive you have HA then I would read the thread on here (Search Hair Algae and look for the one with a thousand pages) and follow the prescribed method in the thread. HA takes longer to kill than its cousin Bryopsis. Figure on a couple doses, put as much light on your tank while treating and enjoy watching it die. Good luck.

4. Arthur Jen

Arthur Jen Active Member

NoPox from Red Sea will help you on that, was a pain in the *** when I had it over my tank! Water changes amd NoPox was my key

5. VietExtender

VietExtender Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

Yup I’d recommend fluconazole as well. I bought it as reefhd reef flux for $15 without shipping. I did the whole two weeks and started seeing my gha die at around day seven.

6. Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted