Hair algae

clownfishlord18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling hair algae for a few months in my reef tank and it will not go away. My phosphates are .03. Does anyone know how to get ride of them and rather quickly.

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, i've been battling it for several months. I have finally noticed a decrease after consistent manual removal (with pumps off) and water changes after to rid of all that is floating in the water column. It is still present and annoying to my eyes but has been decreasing and is much much better!

OP
OP
clownfishlord18

clownfishlord18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, i've been battling it for several months. I have finally noticed a decrease after consistent manual removal (with pumps off) and water changes after to rid of all that is floating in the water column. It is still present and annoying to my eyes but has been decreasing and is much much better!
Good to hear I have been doing the same with no affect

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your phosphates probably higher, you are getting a false reading…the algae is consuming them and feeding off of them..manually remove as much as possible retest and see where they are at..phosphates bind to rock and sand so your test results are what are in the water column

OP
OP
clownfishlord18

clownfishlord18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your phosphates probably higher, you are getting a false reading…the algae is consuming them and feeding off of them..manually remove as much as possible retest and see where they are at..phosphates bind to rock and sand so your test results are what are in the water column
I just tested the water that was in the sand bed and got 1.0 phosphates

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back